Photoshop Settings for Digital Photos to print?

GA
Posted By
Gordon_Anderson
Jul 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Photoshop 7 (and soon to get CS). I rarely have a need to print home digital photos but after a new baby I would like to give it a shot. I can print at work and they have top of the line Epson printers that are supposedly fully clalibrated. My question is what is the best way to set up these files? I can bring them into Photoshop and I am reasonbly familiar with most settings such as the color mode, resolution, Image size, etc… I just am not sure what to set them at. I would like to group about 3-4 on a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet and print. I also have Illustrator CS if that’s a help to format these. Any thoughts would certainly be appreciated.

Gordon

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

GH
Gary_Hummell
Jul 24, 2004
Photoshop CS will handle any printing needs. If your printers at work have profiles associated with them, you can apply those profiles to your baby pictures and get great results. Talk to whoever is the office guru about profiles for the printers. Profiles relate to particular printers and settings so ask the guru about matte or glossy paper that you are going to use.

Gary
GA
Gordon_Anderson
Jul 25, 2004
Thanks for the help Gary.

Gordon

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections