five feet wide print from digital image

R
Posted By
Nov 14, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
If you ever wondered what Interpolation actually produces. I’ve just made an example for your viewing. www.auspics.com/big
Canon 5D camera. Sigma 24 – 70 f2.8 lens. ISO 1600 and minimal processing… Like unsharp mask of 200% at 0.2 pixels.

I used Genuine Fractals to interpolate the original file up to five feet wide then cropped out the centre. I resized both the original and the cropped image to 72 pixels pitch and 800 wide, compressed them 20% and uploaded to my gallery.

Douglas…
Specifications are good to read but
When it comes to judging Digital Cameras…
I’m in the "how do the pictures look" category.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

I
iehsmith
Nov 14, 2005
I wish there were away to judge your results at full dimensions and resolution in press print, but alas…

Unfortunately, design clients will ask for the rediculous; bring you a photo and ask you to blow up some tiny part (see the guy on the left in the 3rd row?… see the flower in his lapel? I want that flower at 4 inches tall in my magazine ad. No, it has to be that flower!).

So, I’m wondering if you’ve compared results from Genuine Fractals and Extensis SmartScale? They went and put SmartScale in a ‘suite’, so I don’t think it can be had separately:(

inez
R
Nov 15, 2005
iehsmith wrote:
I wish there were away to judge your results at full dimensions and resolution in press print, but alas…

Unfortunately, design clients will ask for the rediculous; bring you a photo and ask you to blow up some tiny part (see the guy on the left in the 3rd row?… see the flower in his lapel? I want that flower at 4 inches tall in my magazine ad. No, it has to be that flower!).

So, I’m wondering if you’ve compared results from Genuine Fractals and Extensis SmartScale? They went and put SmartScale in a ‘suite’, so I don’t think it can be had separately:(

inez
Smart scale is pretty much the same as GF. I have both programs. Extensis bought out Lizard tech (GF creator) and then sold the Extensis graphics apps to another mob who introduced an incremental update to GF. Methinks it incorporates the only "better than" parts of Smartscale in the GF offering.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections