CS3 Print Feature? – Forgetting settings!

KD
Posted By
Kirk_Dickinson
Apr 25, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am finding the new print dialog very infuriating.

I gave up on the CS3 beta for any type of daily work becuase of it, most of the bad problems with the beta are fixed, but there are some that remain.

Why is it that EVERY setting in the Adobe Dialog cannot be remembered in an action? This is unforgivable. I realize that the driver specific settings can’t be saved because they are outside of any Adobe program, but the print settings dialog is entirely Adobe.

Also, the silly program keeps forgetting my previous setting.

In CS2, I would print one photo with the settings that I needed to get the print driver settings set up and the Adobe settings that couldn’t be remembered set up, then run my print batch. I can’t do this in CS3 because it seems like after 10 or 15 minutes, it FORGETS what the settings were last time even if I haven’t printed anything between batches. It forgets which printer that I printed to last, what my paper size is, and it forgets the print to fit setting, which should have been saved in the action anyways.

I have ruined a bunch of paper and wasted a bunch of ink today. Is there a solution, or is CS3 still in Beta? Because it doesn’t seem ready for production yet.

Kirk

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

KD
Kirk_Dickinson
Apr 25, 2007
Two more things about the new print dialog that are upsetting me.

1# when I run it from an action, the print driver sends the name of the original file used when setting up the action to the print driver, not the file actually being printed. For instance, I recorded the action to print with file T-1144.psd and when I print T-1295.psd, it says printing T-1295.psd, but when I go to the Epson printer queue, it will say T-1144.psd. When I run a batch, there will be 20 in a row that are different files all named T-1144.psd. CS2 does not do this. edit: actually, it isn’t the file name saved in the action, it is the file name from when you manually set up the print settings on the test print before running the action in batch.

#2 I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw this. I opened the print settings dialog and if by chance it happend to remember the last printer I printed to, then it says EPSON Stylus Photo R1800 as the printer, then I clicked on Page Setup and it shows me the dialog for HP 4 see screen capture here: <http://www.texaslonghorn.com/temp/badprintdialog.jpg>

I can repeat this, I am pretty sure this isn’t a feature, but a bug.

Here is the steps to repeat it.
1. Open more than one photo.
2. Print one photo changing the printer to one that isn’t the windows default printer, and change the default settings for that printer. (my Windows default printer is the HP 4)
3. Print that photo.
4. Change to another photo, then open up the print dialog and click on "Page Setup".

Following these steps, I can cause this bug to show up Every time.

Kirk
B
BillJ
Apr 26, 2007
I’m having the same problem with CS3 Extended. My default printer is a b/w laser, and I have three inkjet printers. When I print a series of photos to one of my inkjet printers, for every image I have to re-select the inkjet printer I want, then go into print setup, choose again the paper type, size, orientation, ICM, etc. Tedious!

On every other Photoshop version, I only had to select my printer once (if different from the default) each time I started the program, and it kept that printer and all the printer’s driver settings until I changed something.

I installed CS3 Design after completely removing CS3 Beta via Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs. I purged my preferences file, but that was no help. I honestly don’t recall seeing this in the Beta, but during that time I was mainly printing with the export plug-in for the Canon iPF5000, which bypasses the Photoshop print dialog.

Hope there’s a solution before too long.

Bill
KD
Kirk_Dickinson
Apr 26, 2007
I honestly don’t recall seeing this in the Beta

That is because the beta print driver had many problems, so it was kludged to work at all. You didn’t have printer settings changed because when you changed them the first time, it reset your default printer to the one in the Beta Print Dialog and set all those settings as the default settings. Restart Windows and those settings stuck.

At least that is how it seemed to work the half a dozen times I tried it before giving up printing from the Beta.

Kirk
GS
Glenn_Sherwood
Apr 26, 2007
As a new user of CS3 I have seen the same problems as described above. Its hard to understand that Adobe continues to get it wrong with its printing function. A world class product like CS3 and one can’t print consistently with it.

Does anyone know…does Qimage do a better job?

BTW, I’m using HP’s B9180 printer which has a PS Plug-in to (supposidly) improve ease of printing in PS. It worked with CS2 but not CS3.

Thanks

Glenn Sherwood
MM
Mike_Morrell
Apr 26, 2007
I am not sure why Adobe changed the print dialog at all since there appears to be little, if any, improvements over the last version. The dialog "looks" different. But I do not see any new features. But what I do see is that the dialog no longer "remembers" the last settings that I used for the previous document. Every time you bring in a new file into the new dialog, it defaults to the "default" settings of about everything. CS3 defaulted to the "last" settings used for each new file. Why change anything? Why make it dumber that it was?
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Apr 26, 2007
You guys should put this in the Feature Request section, where there’s a chance someone from Adobe reads it. I agree with your observations. I really want to be able to save ‘presets’ in the print dialog, so one doesnt have to plug all the settings for each and every print.
HB
Heather Bell
Apr 26, 2007
Well, in CS2 it remembers the last print settings for each document. I haven’t upgraded from the CS3 prerelease yet, but it behaves exactly the same way.
Is the request that it remember the last printer you used in the PROGRAM, overall? If so, I would be against this. Each document I send remembering it’s last printer and settings is very usefull. I wouldn’t want I job that goes to the Epson 9800 to suddenly go to the DPM just because it was the last printer I used for a different job.
Is this changed in the Full Release?
KD
Kirk_Dickinson
Apr 26, 2007
Mathias,

This is not a "Feature Request" it is a bug. It worked properly in all the previous versions. It is broken in this version.

Besides the forgetting the settings, having the page setup button take you to the WRONG dialog box is a glaring bug.

This is a demonstrable, repeatable bug. Follow these steps:

1. Open more than one photo.
2. Print one photo changing the printer to one that isn’t the windows default printer.
3. Print that photo.
4. Switch to another photo, then open up the print dialog and click on "Page Setup".

The dialog box that comes up is not the printer that is shown at the top, but is in fact the Windows default printer.

Kirk
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Apr 26, 2007
Well… This is still the wrong place for bug reports. This is a user forum. You might get lucky, and a dev will see your post, but chances are better here: <http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform>
KD
Kirk_Dickinson
Apr 26, 2007
I just filed a bug report. Will see what happens.

Kirk
K
Kross
Apr 30, 2007
Any response on the bug? It’s very irritating…
P
PECourtejoie
Apr 30, 2007
There is usually no response when you submit a bug, besides if more info is necessary (and of course, when a point update fixes it).
KD
Kirk_Dickinson
Apr 30, 2007
No response from Adobe on the bug. No solution here that I have seen.

Thanks,

Kirk
RP
Rick_Popham
May 1, 2007
Well, in CS2 it remembers the last print settings for each document. I haven’t upgraded from the CS3 prerelease yet, but it behaves exactly the same way. Is the request that it remember the last printer you used in the PROGRAM, overall?

Heather,

I believe the request is that CS3 act like CS2 in the way it "remembers". I just installed Photoshop CS3 and tested the new printing interface. My default printer is a monochrome laser, so I selected my Epson R1800 to print with. I actually like the new printing interface, because there are far fewer windows to click through. The print came out fine. BUT — when I went to make a second print, CS3 had reverted back to the default printer.

CS2 would leave the last used printer in place until you changed it or closed the program. So, if I want to make a second print — even of the same file still open in CS3 — I have to reselect the R1800, reset the paper size, portrait or landscape, etc…

This is going to be a huge pain, because I typically load cotton rag papers a sheet a time and print one by one. All the streamlining that the new interface promised is eliminated because it reverts to default after the print is done.

Rick
D
dpick
May 1, 2007
I don’t know about anyone else, but I had no problem with the previous versions of the print dialog. Maybe is a couple of years (when ALL the bugs are worked out), I’ll see what they’re aiming at and love it. Right now, it just is very upsetting.
K
Kross
May 1, 2007
Bravo Adobe! Excellent solution!
<http://www.adobe.com/go/kb401471>
JJ
John Joslin
May 1, 2007
Is there no end to their fiendish cunning?
DM
dave_milbut
May 1, 2007
Solution

Manually reenter the custom paper size when you open the Print dialog box before you print.

BRILLIANT!
RP
Rick_Popham
May 1, 2007
Masters of the obvious, they are.

Actually, CS3 remembers my color management settings (paper profile, etc.), but remembers nothing about the printer driver. It acts like I exited Photoshop, and then restarted it.

I really hope this is fixed soon.

Rick
RB
Richard_Bracegirdle
May 2, 2007
I use a Konica Minolta 2300W colour laser printer. In CS2 – all is fine. In CS3 – disaster. If I switch to my Canon S9000 printer – all is well and as it should be – I can scale and size and move my preview print around the page. As soon as I connect the Konica Minolta 2300W – the paper orientation immediately changes. Print preview says it is landscape when it is portrait. The image is stretched horizontally and if I uncheck the ‘Centre Image’ box and then attempt to move or resize the previewed image – it flies out of the box and disappears altogether and the box marked ‘Top’ has an utterly ridiculous number in it like 300000 !!!! Then I get the error message ‘The instruction could not be completed because of a program error’. I have to do my Konica Minolta 2300W printing in CS2 instead. What now Adobe ??
Richard
PS
Peter_Sieg
May 20, 2007
I am working on a MacPro and Photoshop CS3.
My printer is an Epson 9800, 44" wide.
I use the ColorBurst RIP for printing and with CS2 I never had a printing problem. Now, with CS3, I do only get letter size prints (8.5×11") with the RIP. If I have a 44" wide print file, I only get a letter size segment with an offset of a couple of inches – and … that’s it.
How can that be?

Has anybody out there an idea?

Aloha from Hawai’i
Peter.
PS
Peter_Sieg
May 20, 2007
My computer is a MacPro 3 GHz, Gig memory.
I am printing on an Epson 9800 with the Epson ColorBurst RIP. With CS2 no problem at all.
With CS3 big problem.
The only page size I get is letter size (8.5"x11"). I print large files up to 44" wide and CS3 only gives me a letter size segment.

Does annyody out there have an idea about what to do other than waiting for Adobe to fix the problem?

Aloha from Hawai’i.
Peter.
WK
William_Kahn
May 20, 2007
The CS3 print dialogue, to use the scientific term, sucks. In addition to the problems you all have related, I can’t get a print to center on the paper. This is something I had no problem with in CS2, major problem in CS3. I think Adobe should go back to the Print with Preview dialogue page in CS2 – much more intuitive and easier to navigate. Not to mention remembering the damns settings from one print to the next. Aaarrrrrgggghhhh!
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
May 20, 2007
I have zero problems centering.

I took a look at both CS2 and 3 Print dialog, opening and closing the printer and then the image. The basic difference is this: In CS2, whatever Page setup is last inputted, that’s what you get for the next image. With CS3 Page setup goes to a default setup which is programmed by Adobe. CS2 the default is where you left it.

Now, if one is going to do a series of different images to the same paper size, orientation, and papter type, CS2 is the most comfortable. If each new image is to be resized and of different orientation, then CS3 is no problem.

I also found CS3 to be faster in setup than CS2 despite it’s particular default condition.

I am only on one printer, the Canon i9900, which is much easier to setup than the big Epsons which I ran for a couple of years. Maybe the older method is better for those, and of course, getting tripped up by defaulting to some specific printer each time will be quite aggravating!
FN
Fred_Nirque
May 20, 2007
getting tripped up by defaulting to some specific printer each time will be quite aggravating!

As ever the master of understatement, Larry.

It’s bloody infuriating, particularly when you’re trying to meet deadlines or have a large mix of things to print.
Infuriating because the change was not necessary and serves absolutely no benefit that I’ve seen anyone suggest.
Infuriating because in practical use with multiple printers the only practical solution is to return to CS2 for printing. Which in itself is an added complication.

If each new image is to be resized and of different orientation, then CS3 is no problem.

But absolutely no advantage! And if more than one printer is involved, and you’re printing to the non-default printer/printers, it is again a disadvantage requiring extra steps by its dogged switching to the default printer after every print.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
May 20, 2007
Understated, Fred, because I am not operating a bank of printers from one computer. Very likely if I had the resources, needs and cash flow for multiple printers beyond 2, I would have each driven from it’s own computer, networked to the master.

On reflection, I would rather have the printing software remain at the spot it last occupied, even last week’s spot! Less changes that way. But I also understand the need to have a home base from which to operate. I do testing for Intel Fred, and the two most common actions when confronted by strangeness are default and reboot. Default has to be a no-brainer, for if we had to scratch our heads and figure out if the last operator set some parameter to which the computer is now defaulting…instant insanity! OTOH, we are the masters of our machines, or should be, and if we rather have default be different from Adobe or any other apps, well we damn well should have that option. Just don’t go calling on tech support afterwards! ๐Ÿ˜€

Any good script writers out there?

Off to bed.
FN
Fred_Nirque
May 20, 2007
As I said, Larry – the option between the two should have been included for those who want this silly default behavior (there are such people????) and the rest of us.
RB
Richard_Bracegirdle
May 20, 2007
Still no reply from Adobe on this one and I am puzzled by their non-responsiveness. I have to do all my laser printing in CS2 now and it is a real nuisance. My Konica Minolta 2300w laser printer is just no use with CS3 whatsoever. Nothing I do – will sort the problems (see my original input to this thread above). It is obvious there are far more than me having a problem – so com’on Adobe – just how long does it take you to address this issue within CS3 ? I’ll be sending mine back and asking for a refund if this continues. I cannot believe that as a company – you are doing nothing about this. Or – if you ARE addressing the print dialogue problemswithin CS3 – then please – let us know ?
C
chrisjbirchall
May 20, 2007
Richard. Past experience shows Adobe will probably not tell you they are working on a specific problem. However, they do tend to pick up on issues such as this and work toward a remedy in a dot release.

Unfortunately it tends not to happen quickly. When they change part of the code in an app like Photoshop, they will put it out to their Beta/Alpha testers first, to make sure curing one problem hasn’t caused a multitude of others.

I think we have to (a) make sure Adobe has been informed via the Bug Report forms and (b) wait patiently. ๐Ÿ™
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
May 20, 2007
There is a difference between a program bug and that which bugs the user. No accounting for that, as one users "bug" is another’s relief!

I have labored excessively under the former arrangement when invoking printing with a small print (or visa versa) and found the setup completely inadequate for the output, and finding that setting different at different times. Now I know when opening Print I will see setup for 8.5×11, Portrait orientation, not sometimes 13×19, sometimes 8.5×11….

On the positive side, I really appreciate the print view and the soft proofing provided. Turning off B.P. Compensation shows immediately the change, and I don’t have to go fishing for soft proof.

So what I would like to see changed is greater flexibility for the user in setting up his/hers printing flow. Sort of a Printing Preferences menu. All parameters available. A default button after setup, like Shadow/Highlight setup. This can’t be at all difficult.

How about it, Adobe?
ND
Nick_Decker
May 20, 2007
I have to chime in on the printing problem of reverting to default after each print in CS3. It’s ridiculous to expect us to add time and complication to our printing workflow.

Having to go back and forth between CS2 and CS3 as we edit and print photos is simply not acceptable.
RB
Richard_Bracegirdle
May 20, 2007
Hi Chris,
It’s a pity they didn’t pick this one up in the Beta version, I cannot understand how something as major as this was not tested properly before release by Adobe. I don’t think this is a minor issue – it seems to affect each and every one of us that wants to output to printer. Just as well I didn’t uninstall CS2 because right now – I cannot do without it for printing !!
Regards,
Richard
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
May 20, 2007
Mine does not revert to default after each print on the open file. It’s only when the file is closed and either reopened or a new one opens that the Page Layout only reverts to default 8.5×11, Plain Paper. Even CS and CS2 can do the same thing. More than once, I have found a print comming out of the printer ugly, and checking the settings, found plain paper has reset itself.

So, from my perspective, with a single printer in use, it’s pick your poison. I have to keep monitoring settings as I go along. The only time I don’t is if I set the printer for multiple copies, but even then, if I decide I want more, I always check settings.

This has been true since PS5.
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
May 20, 2007
I’ve suggested a simple ‘presets’ dialog in the print interface, with a possibility to change the default รก la camera raw.
FN
Fred_Nirque
May 20, 2007
This seems to be driven by some nonsensical executive decision that all CS programs behave the same way – except that the printing requirements of someone using InDesign to proof a CMYK brochure or Illustrator to print a graphic couldn’t be more different to someone using Photoshop to print photographs.

So the option to print without having to reset settings and select a printer when several are hooked up after every print must be there if Ps has to be dumbed down to a publication program standard.

Larry, if you’re not being reset after every print then there is an inconsistency, because when using a non-default printer that most certainly happens after every print using the Epsons here.

At the very least one should expect that a printing program behaves consistently, and that it actually shows the printer it intends printing to in the print dialog all the time and not just when it haphazardly feels like it.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
May 20, 2007
Maybe it’s the canon, and here’s my steps:

Ctrl-P Print. Dialog opens. Color Management set correctly. Click Page Setup. Canon Dialog appears (You should be seeing the Epson Dialog menus). I select 13×19 Landscape Preset. The printer is now set up for 13×19 LS, Matte Paper, Color Control None. Ok everything. Print. When finished, all printing dialog disappears and the image in PS is back. Ctrl-P again and it is all ready to go. Nothing to change if I am repeating the print. But, exit the image and reopen and the Print setup reverts to default.

Seems to me the easiest way out is that all settings are remembered until you engage a default button.
ND
Nick_Decker
May 21, 2007
I’ve suggested a simple ‘presets’ dialog in the print interface, with a possibility to change the default รก la camera raw.

Mat, I’ll try that tomorrow, but I still object to having to go to a "presets" menu. To do that, I’d have to have a preset for every brand and size of paper that I use, right?
PF
Peter_Figen
May 21, 2007
With the Epson driver on my 9800, the driver resets itself after each print. If I make a test print, I have to reset every parameter except page size before printing the exact same file again. Wonderful.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
May 21, 2007
That’s really crap.

I’m going to check with my supplier tomorrow. See what their experience is. Their feedback on installation woes seem minimal, so I wonder what the printing experience is. They have a wide variety of printers on the floor, large format Canon and Epson, numerous 8.5×11 to 13×19 versions as well.

BTW, are you all on Mac? I’m PC. Maybe there’s the difference?
FN
Fred_Nirque
May 21, 2007
PC here, Larry.

I believe the woes are pretty much exclusive to PC. Could there be a difference between Ps Standard and Extended, though? I’m using Extended.

_

Bingo, Peter, I was beginning to think I was doing something wrong with the 7800 and 2400. My experience is exactly as yours.

If it’s an Epson driver issue, then I’ve got further problems – I installed the latest driver and it messed my computer so bad I had to do a Ghost restore to get things working again. The driver I’m using is 5.54, which is old, I know, but I don’t have a choice at the moment. Works fine with CS2, though.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
May 21, 2007
Yeah, this IS the PC Forum! (duh!)

Probably because I am used to seeing Peter in the Photography Forum….

Assuming also we are all seeing this on XP Sp2.
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
May 21, 2007
Mat, I’ll try that…

You would if you could… What I meant was that I have suggested as much in the beta phase, but that it did not make it in. I’m also frustrated at having to set the same printer options for each print, as it introduces more user error.

Mathias
FN
Fred_Nirque
May 22, 2007
OK. I tried another tack. It’s not Epson. It’s in using multiple printers.

Larry, with all other printers turned off and the 7800 set as default printer, it acts just like your Canon – Ps10 remembers the same print settings of the open file when it is next sent to the printer.

The problem presents when working with a non-default printer – that’s when settings are reverted to default printer/settings with subsequent prints from the same file.

I don’t care what Adobe think – that is inconsistent behavior and if it was deliberately programmed then someone’s ass should be well and truly kicked.
FN
Fred_Nirque
May 22, 2007
Isn’t it also cool the way Ps10 asks if you want to save your image after the only thing you’ve done is opened it, printed it and are now closing it – so presumably that’s to save your print settings as that’s the only thing you’ve changed – and then takes absolutely no notice of these next time you open the same file to print it again and Ps10 gives you default everything to print with?

More nonsense.

But it’s not broken. No. This is all good. This is how things are meant to be. This is "correct" behavior.

Now go back to your seat at the back of the classroom and write a thousand times "I will not question the Company’s decisions no matter how stupid they may be, they know best and they care about me".

Orwell was ahead of his time.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
May 22, 2007
Heh!

I noticed too that bizzare behavior about asking to save your changes after printing.

Hope springs eternal….reminds me of Peanuts and Lucy with the football!

Well, off to the symphony to hear Richard strauss emote over his life (Ein Heldenleben, a Hero’s life).

At least someone thinks he is a hero and wrote 40+ minutes of symphonic music to prove it! ๐Ÿ™‚
FN
Fred_Nirque
May 22, 2007
When will it end?

So you go for user defined and set the paper height & size in page setup, then hit OK. Returning to Ps10’s Print dialog, hit print and the paper size set is a bit tight so you get the warning "The image is larger than the printable area, some clipping will occur". Hit cancel. Instead of returning to the Print dialog as expected, that closes too. So you have to go ctrl+p to get that back to adjust the size.

No big deal, but wtf? Another "time-saving" step added?
ND
Nick_Decker
May 22, 2007
Mat,

What I meant was that I have suggested as much in the beta phase, but that it did not make it in.

Yeah, I figured that out. Here’s me, thinking that I might find a preset somewhere. <g>

Fred, I’ve noticed that Save behavior before with earlier versions. Doesn’t do squat, as far as saving your printer settings. May be a Mac only thing. I dunno.

This printing thing is REALLY starting to piss me off.

ADOBE? (Pardon my tone) DO YOU HEAR US?
DM
dave_milbut
May 22, 2007
Instead of returning to the Print dialog as expected, that closes too.

ya, that’s annoying. here’s hoping adobe reverts it back to the way it was WORKING in cs2!
JJ
John_Joslin
May 22, 2007
DHYB
Don’t hold your breath!
DM
dave_milbut
May 22, 2007
whoooooooosh!

thanks john. i was turning blue. still waiting… <tap tap tap>
DM
Douglas_McLean
May 23, 2007
This is the rather inelegant workaround that I’ve been using for this "feature".

BEFORE starting CS3 I go to windows printer control panel and set the default printer to the photo printer I know I want to use (it’s not usually my default printer). I then set the paper size in the Printer Preferences to be the one that I know I want to print a bunch of, say 4×6, and THEN I open CS3. It’s default is now the photo printer with 4×6 paper. Rather inelegant, but less frustrating than having to change the printer and page size for every document.

Alas, once you have opened CS3, if you go back to the windows printer control panel and reset the print preferences, CS3 still seems to remember what the "old" setting was, until you close and reopen it.

Clumsy, but it works. I do hope they change the dialog box soon though.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
May 23, 2007
Douglas, that probably accounts for those of us with one printer having no default of the Adobe variety as the only default.

Certain other tools have somewhat similar behavior. But Shadow/Highlight default behaves exactly how I want it to, with ACR being a close second, inasmuch as you do have choices (Last Conversion etc) available to speed you through the process.
DM
Douglas_McLean
May 23, 2007
As a further addendum, I have found that if I have CS3 open, it DOES work to go back to the printer control panel and change the default printer without having to shut down CS3 and restart. Any files that you then open will have the new printer as the default.
FN
Fred_Nirque
May 23, 2007
I’ve done that myself, Douglas, but this simply should not be necessary.

And even if it were, then surely the option to change the default printer should be right there in the print setup dialog.
NA
Norman_A_Oakley
May 24, 2007
Given up altogether on CS3 printing, I think its a load of crap. I only use CS3 to edit/save file when needed, then open up in CS2 to print. What a shambles, Adobe have got this one wrong big time! It doesn’t recognize my default printer it doesn’t recognize the print layout, it doesn’t print the correct dimensions, and after it’ done bug****g about its corrupts my printer driver. Useless and I do not know what adobe were thinking about when the wrote the printing code, and they had enough time with the beta version to get it all sorted out.
Sorry Adobe but I think it stinks, you should get your act together. I don’t know what you guys think.
JJ
John_Joslin
May 24, 2007
I don’t know what you guys think.

I think the program’s lovely but the quality control and support are sadly lacking.
RB
Richard_Bracegirdle
May 24, 2007
Well, Norman seems to have the same problems that I have with my Konica Minolta 2300W laser printer – and the frustrations also. I have to agree that this should have been sorted out at the Beta stage – so far I cannot print to the Konica Minolta in CS3 at all (see my earlier two posts on this thread). This is a major issue for me anyway and not one that I would have expected to find within a released (non-Beta) version of CS3. It’s so darned frustrating waiting for Adobe to fix it. Yet – it surely cannot be difficult to fix ?

After three weeks – I’m still waiting. And still having to resort to CS2 to do my laser printing.

Thanks again Adobe.
GP
George_Purvis
Jun 1, 2007
I too find that printing in CS3 is unbelievably painful because CS3 does not remember the settings for my Canon i9900. Printing from CS2 is much better than printing from CS3. It is incredible that this problem has remained so long in CS3.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Jun 1, 2007
For i9900, CS3 remembers everything so long as the image hasn’t been closed. For that case, when opening another image CS3 remembers the color settings, but reverts to 8.5×11 plain paper profile, as it always has.
GP
George_Purvis
Jun 1, 2007
It is sad that CS3 has always done this. CS2 behaves much better and correctly remembers the i9900 Canon printer profiles for the paper that was last used by CS2. CS2 remembers paper size, paper type, border less printing, etc.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Jun 3, 2007
As i recall CS, it reverted to Plain Paper profile for each new image opening, as CS3 does now. CS2 may have been different, I don’t know as I hardly used it.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections