S
Posted By
steve
Mar 9, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I put in a new memory card, PS5 opens and dislpays the pictures ready for me to download them onto my computer.

The strange thing is that the order of the pictures, when in advanced mode, does not show the pictures in sycronous order. But rather day order.
eg. The picture order it is putting them in is.

[Day 2 – from Earliest in day to latest]
DSC_1474.NEF through to DSC_1599.NEF

[Day 1 – Time from Earliest in day to latest] (there where are only two pictures)
DSC_1472.NEF and DSC_1473.NEF

In this example it seems that PS5 is Putting each days pictures in their own list starting with the beginning of the day to the end. Instead of just going sycronously in the order they were shot. I find this confusing. Has anyone noticed this and is thee any way to change this.

Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Bob
Mar 9, 2008
Edit>Preferences>Organize and Share.
Set it up the way you want it.

*Report back, please*

"steve" wrote in message
When I put in a new memory card, PS5 opens and dislpays the pictures ready for me to download them onto my computer.

The strange thing is that the order of the pictures, when in advanced mode, does not show the pictures in sycronous order. But rather day order.
eg. The picture order it is putting them in is.

[Day 2 – from Earliest in day to latest]
DSC_1474.NEF through to DSC_1599.NEF

[Day 1 – Time from Earliest in day to latest] (there where are only two pictures)
DSC_1472.NEF and DSC_1473.NEF

In this example it seems that PS5 is Putting each days pictures in their own list starting with the beginning of the day to the end. Instead of just going sycronously in the order they were shot. I find this confusing. Has anyone noticed this and is thee any way to change this.

Thanks.
S
steve
Mar 11, 2008
On Mar 9, 6:23 pm, "Bob" wrote:
Edit>Preferences>Organize and Share.
Set it up the way you want it.

Thank you. It appears however it does not change it to the way that Im suggesting. It has two options.

Show Oldest First within each day
Or
Show Newest first within each day.

I think it is the Within Each day part that is the curve ball. It appears these are the only options I have I suppose I will have to live with them.

Regards

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections