M
Posted By
MikeV06
Dec 19, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am new to all this, so …. I have CS3 Windows Extended, Lightroom, Elements 5, and Premier 3.

I want to take my photos, clean them up, and create a menu driven DVD that can be played on a TV DVD player. Titles, comments, maybe some audio, presentation controls, and so on.

I know I can use the tools above to do the clean up. I know that Premier 3 will allow one to edit movies.

What software would you recommend for creating the DVDs?

Thanks.

Happy holidays.

Mike

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CF
Cecil_Fuselier
Dec 19, 2007
I have made several commercial DVDs and numberous DVDs for our family with animation, music etc and am very pleased with the outcome and so are my customers….I have always used Pro Show Gold (by Photodex)…I have gone through many of their revisions but have never found a reason to change…I now use Pro Show Producer….an upscaled professional version of PS Gold….totally satisfied with my products using this software…now we can hear from those that other or better software products.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 19, 2007
there’s something to be said for having it all in one place…
M
MikeV06
Dec 19, 2007
On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 10:59:43 -0800, wrote:

I have made several commercial DVDs and numberous DVDs for our family with animation, music etc and am very pleased with the outcome and so are my customers….I have always used Pro Show Gold (by Photodex)…I have gone through many of their revisions but have never found a reason to change…I now use Pro Show Producer….an upscaled professional version of PS Gold….totally satisfied with my products using this software…now we can hear from those that other or better software products.

I will go check it out. Thanks.
M
MikeV06
Dec 19, 2007
On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 11:02:59 -0800, wrote:

there’s something to be said for having it all in one place…

What do you recommend then?

Mike
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 20, 2007
I don’t have a recommendation or i would have given it! 🙂 but you DO have all the tools you need in front of you to get it done. I was just commenting that in some cases having everything in one application rather than jumping around between apps is a big plus.

I’m sure more people will chime in here as this is a task lots of designers perform…
CO
Celeste_Orrantia
Dec 20, 2007
I’m a graphic designer, but I dabble in video editing. I used Premiere for editing and MPEG output and I use Sonic’s DVDit to author the DVD. I also found that the media you use is important so that it plays in all standard DVD players. Some of the newer media won’t work in older DVD players. But DVDit was fairly easy to use. I would imagine if you already have Adobe Encore that would also work well too.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 20, 2007
I believe DVD-R is the most portable format…

< http://hometheater.about.com/od/dvdrecorderfaqs/f/dvdrecgfaq 5.htm>
CO
Celeste_Orrantia
Dec 20, 2007
Yes…DVD-R is the most compatible. I know my old DVD player doesn’t like DVD+R.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections