R
Posted By
Richard
Aug 9, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been using Photoshop Elements 4 for over 1 year and been very pleased with the software.
My 40G laptop hard drive was at capacity and was swapped out for a new 120G hard drive with a fresh Win XP pro install. Prior to swapping out the old drive I copied My Documents (including My Pictures subfolders where all Photoshop elements files were located) and Settings to an external USB hard drive (backup drive).

On reinstalling Adobe Elements 4, I copied the My Pictures subfolders from the external USB backup drive to the laptop new 120G hard drive and had Photoshop Elements 4 reference the images to include in the organizer. All images are now on the new 120G laptop drive.

Problems:
1. The tags on the individual image no longer appear, notwithstanding the tag categories are in the Organizer.

2. Where similar images were previously stacked in the Organizer
i.e. edit 2 on top of edit 1 on top of the original image, the images
are no longer stacked.

Help please

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

M
Malcolm
Aug 14, 2007
"Richard" wrote in message
I have been using Photoshop Elements 4 for over 1 year and been very pleased with the software.
My 40G laptop hard drive was at capacity and was swapped out for a new 120G hard drive with a fresh Win XP pro install. Prior to swapping out the old drive I copied My Documents (including My Pictures subfolders where all Photoshop elements files were located) and Settings to an external USB hard drive (backup drive).

On reinstalling Adobe Elements 4, I copied the My Pictures subfolders from the external USB backup drive to the laptop new 120G hard drive and had Photoshop Elements 4 reference the images to include in the organizer. All images are now on the new 120G laptop drive.
Problems:
1. The tags on the individual image no longer appear, notwithstanding the tag categories are in the Organizer.
2. Where similar images were previously stacked in the Organizer
i.e. edit 2 on top of edit 1 on top of the original image, the images
are no longer stacked.

Help please

I’d try doing a catalogue backup to the external drive from the 40G and then restoring to the 120G.
All the best

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections