JM
Posted By
john_m_adams
Dec 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Because I partitioned my main hard drive with 5Gigs on the first part and 35 gigs on the second I feel that with the other programs that I may not have enough room. So, I installed it on Drive D:\ which I want to devote entirely to photoshop. My question is how do I set up elements to do all of the work not done in ram on drive D? I would appreciate any help on running from a second hard drive. Thanks
John Adams

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JH
Jim_Hess
Dec 2, 2003
When setting up your preferences, one of the screens allows you to designate which disk drive will be your "scratch" disk, and you can designate whatever disk you prefer. You probably know this, but the scratch disk is where Elements uses disk space for tasks that cannot be done entirely in memory. However, I believe it is recommended that the scratch disk be a drive other than the one where Elements is installed if at all possible. This will enhance your performance somewhat, but just as some people only have one hard drive, you may have to designate your secondary hard drive as your scratch disk.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections