SS
Posted By
Sharon_Scrimshaw
Dec 7, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have some pictures given to me that are low pixels but the image is great and I would like to make them a better picture to print. Is it possible?
Thx.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RK
Rob_Keijzer
Dec 7, 2007
Sharon,

The best way is to ask for high resolution images. If they’re not available, then try to upres the image, but that will only make the image larger. It doesn’t add in detail that wasn’t there in the first place.

Rob
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 7, 2007
you can SOMETIMES get away with a small increase, but a 200x200px image is never going to make a pretty wall poster!
DF
David_Freed
Dec 7, 2007
What size images are you starting with and how large do you want to blow them up.

In general, you can do this somewhat, but as someone said, if there’s not much detail to begin with, Photoshop or any other program will be hard-pressed to add more detail.

One method that people use is to increase in steps of say 10% using Bicubic Smoother. Another way is to use a third-party plugin that is specially made to increase images: Blowup from Alien Skin and Genuine Fractals from onOne software are both good and have trial downloads.

I recently read a review of image enlargement software and both of these rated well. I believe that BlowUp has a few more features, like adding noise which is supposed to help with enlarging some images. See: <http://www.photoshopsupport.com/tutorials/cb/noise.html>

Some people believe that the Photoshop step method is as good as a third-party plugin, but I found that these plug-ins do a better job if you have to enlarge a great deal. I had to make murals of some digital photos, and used one of these to blow up the iamges by over 300%. (I also have tried Bearded Frog and Kneson software but found them both to be a bit prolematic IMO).

Best, David
BO
Burton_Ogden
Dec 8, 2007
BenVista’s PhotoZoom Pro 2 < http://www.benvista.com/main/content/content.php?page=ourpro ducts&section=photozoompro_1> is also good. I use it and Genuine Fractals. Both have their strong points and I sometimes use both on the same upsampling project.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections