S
Posted By
sally
Nov 8, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use the paintbrush tool with default settings and a 10 pixel brush and click and make a dot. Well, Photoshop make a nice dot with the center of the color chosen and then edges of the "dot" fade.

Now, how does one change the color of that "dot" as if one had made the "dot" with another color? (And please don’t say just use the other in the first place!)

Say someone gives you an image of a logo rendered with a nice blue. And you have to change it a different but specific base color. How?

Using the Fill tool does not work – it "fills" much beyond the existing pixels if the opacity is mid to high and does get the colors even remotely right if the opacity is mid to low. Depending on the size of the image, Fill seems to work sort of, but one must click several times, each time Photoshop makes the color closer to the expected result, but eventually extra pixels beyond the original image get color and any "blur effect" the image had gets lost.

Ah you say, there is "Replace Color" and "Selective Color" and oh so many other things. But it is all TRIAL AND ERROR to adjust R G B values individually — varying hue and stauration and cyan and yellow etc. are for photos and broadly changing the overall look as seen by our eyes — I’d like a more specific, "technical" change of specific R or G or B values, by the numbers. I.e. a slider for the B! Or a slider for the G!

Am I crazy? I just do not see how Photoshop can do this.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

S
sally
Nov 8, 2005
oops… crazy I am perhaps. looks like Color Balance is what I want.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections