how do I crop a set number of pixels from a batch of images?

AB
Posted By
adam_b._tracksler
Jun 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a series of images, some portrait, some landscape…I want to crop 80 pixels from the bottom of all of them. How should I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 9, 2004
I’m sure there’s a better, more elegant way but I can’t think of one right now, so try this:

Option-double click on Background to make it a layer. Duplicate the layer. Transform (Command-T) and in the Y field at the left of the Options Bar enter 80 px. Select All/ Layer>Align to Selection> Bottom.Deselect. Command-click on the transformed Layer to make selection. On original layer, Delete. Trash transformed layer. Command-click on original layer, Image>Crop. Done. Flatten if necessary, save, etc.
CS
Carl_Stawicki
Jun 9, 2004
Canvas Size…

Be sure Relative is checked, and input -80 pixels for the height. Anchor the canvas in the upper-middle position. Hit Proceed to the message that comes up. Of course, make an Action if you have a lot of images.

Carl.
AB
adam_b._tracksler
Jun 10, 2004
awesome Thanks a million Carl!!!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections