MC
Posted By
Mike Chappell
Feb 9, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m new to using Elements. I have version 5.0. I have a picture and I have added the ‘vintage photo’ to it so the picture appears like it’s a vintage photo. When I save it I not only get the photo (in the vintage photo) but it saves a lot of space around it. Basically I get a while box with the photo in the middle of it. The problem I’m having is that I want to put this photo on a webage (with a patterned background). The picture, when put in the webpage, has the large white box around it. When I try to make it transparent it does’t achieve 100% transparency and just looks terrible. Is there a way to say the picture as just the ‘vintage looking photo’ with no additional space?

Thanks!
Mike

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RG
Roy G
Feb 9, 2007
"Mike Chappell" wrote in message
I’m new to using Elements. I have version 5.0. I have a picture and I have added the ‘vintage photo’ to it so the picture appears like it’s a vintage photo. When I save it I not only get the photo (in the vintage photo) but it saves a lot of space around it. Basically I get a while box with the photo in the middle of it. The problem I’m having is that I want to put this photo on a webage (with a patterned background). The picture, when put in the webpage, has the large white box around it. When I try to make it transparent it does’t achieve 100% transparency and just looks terrible. Is there a way to say the picture as just the ‘vintage looking photo’ with no additional space?

Thanks!
Mike

You need to crop the image to the size of the picture. Put "Crop" into the help files.

Roy G
MC
Mike Chappell
Feb 10, 2007
if it’s a squar, rectangle, etc. that works fine. But what if it’s an uneven shape, i.e. not square? Let’s say I have a picture and I have added a layer to make it look like it’s on a ripped peice of paper and the edge of that paper is very uneven. How do you crop that?

Thanks.
Mike
"Roy G" wrote in message
"Mike Chappell" wrote in message

Thanks!
Mike

You need to crop the image to the size of the picture. Put "Crop" into the help files.

Roy G

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections