SW
Posted By
Steve_Windel
Jan 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am created a photo slide show business and part of my job is to edit scanned photos

My question, is there a way I can take the 100 pictures or so I have for each project and apply a series of effects to all of them.

Like telling elements to do auto contrast and brighten each of the 100 pictures.

As of now, I’m opening each picture and doing it manually, its very tedius.

Thanks for your help.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JC
Jane_Carter
Jan 15, 2004
Great question! I have been wondering the same thing, as I have many old underwater slides to digitize, and everyone of them has a blue-green cast.
Jane
DS
Dick_Smith
Jan 15, 2004
Somebody will no doubt post the link, but there is an alternative batch processing plug-in out there somewhere that, I think, will do those kinds of things. I have, unfortunately, lost the link.

Dick

Edit: I found the file on my PC. It does allow some other batch processing functions. I would be happy to email the .atn file if you would like to try it.

Edit 2: This new batch file will allow for the things you mention.
JH
Jim_Hess
Jan 15, 2004
In the full version of Photoshop it is possible to create an action containing everything that you want to do to a group of pictures, and then save that action and run it using the batch command to apply the recorded action to every photo in the folder. Apparently, using the Hidden Elements tools that come with the book, you can run batch files in Photoshop Elements. But I have read Richard’s instructions several times and haven’t been able to figure out how to load actions that were created in Photoshop. Apparently one of the solutions for what you are trying to do is to download the trial version of Photoshop 6.0 and use it to record your actions. But I still haven’t figured out how to load them into Elements.
DS
Dick_Smith
Jan 15, 2004
Jim,

Sometime in the past someone on this forum posted a link to get a new set of batch actions that will run in Elements. I have that file called BatchWin.atn. It is the same name as the file that ships with Elements. Therefore to use it you have to rename the original to some other value and then use the new BatchWin.atn. It sounds harder than it is. I use the letter ‘a’ in front of the unused file and when I want to change just swap the ‘a’ to the other file.

Wish I could remember who posted the original link.
JH
Jim_Hess
Jan 15, 2004
Dick,

OK, you reminded me that I needed to do that. I have those batch commands loaded now. But someone posted instructions on how to create actions in Photoshop and then run those actions in Elements. But I haven’t been able to figure out how to run those actions that I created.
DS
Dick_Smith
Jan 15, 2004
I don’t think it can be done without a lot of work. There is a function in Richard Lynch’s Power Tools v3 to do that but I haven’t yet had the time or the inclination to try it.

Dick
CR
Chris_Rankin
Jan 16, 2004
There’s a tutourial and some other information on creating actions for Elements on this page: <http://www.geocities.com/rnlnero/PE2stuff2.html>

There may be some info here that could help.

CR
SS
Susan_S.
Jan 16, 2004
The batch action comes from Richard’s Hidden Power site. To get other actions to play on HPA3 you need to follow the instructions that come with HPA3 in the file advanced.rtf. It’s a matter of dropping the action into the photoshop actions folder, and then modifiying an HTML file to link to that action. It sounds a lot of work when reading but it honestly isn’t – you just have to be carfeul getting the names of the actions and action files straight and in the right place. And the actions have to have no information in them that gives Elements indigestion

If what you are doing is running adjustments which can be done as adjustment layers such as levels or HSB on each slide image(good for the underwater shots,I would think) then there is an easy way to duplicate them on all the files – if the adjustment is the same on all. Do the adjustment layers on the first one. Then just open the next file and drag and drop the adjustment layers onto it. Not quite as quick as an action as it involves manually saving and opening each file but it would save some time.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 16, 2004
I am so glad i have full photoshop so that i don’t have to deal with that…aren’t i terrible ?
SS
Susan_S.
Jan 16, 2004
Jodi – if I had the money I’d have CS too! I spent this year’s computer budget already last year! (external hard drive, upgrade of OS).
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 16, 2004
Susan, no i don’t have CS…i wish ! Anyways, I’d like to wait a little while t’il i see that .01 patch available 😉

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections