CC
Posted By
Curtis Croulet
Feb 5, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to return to something I asked about last fall. I am unable to reduce the size of jpeg images so that they will display in a suitable size on a computer screen. I found an on-line tutorial that implies that I should be able to adjust the pixel dimensions of the picture in one of the jpeg dialog boxes. Alas, the dialog box in question — on my system, at least — displays but does not allow adjustment of the pixel dimensions. I can look, but I can’t touch. Adjusting the size of the picture in inches (or cm, mm, etc.) makes little or no difference. How can I adjust the size, in pixels, of a jpeg image when saving?

Curtis Croulet
Temecula, California

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Burt
Feb 6, 2007
"Curtis Croulet" wrote in message
I want to return to something I asked about last fall. I am unable to reduce the size of jpeg images so that they will display in a suitable size on a computer screen. I found an on-line tutorial that implies that I should be able to adjust the pixel dimensions of the picture in one of the jpeg dialog boxes. Alas, the dialog box in question — on my system, at least — displays but does not allow adjustment of the pixel dimensions. I can look, but I can’t touch. Adjusting the size of the picture in inches (or cm, mm, etc.) makes little or no difference. How can I adjust the size, in pixels, of a jpeg image when saving?

Curtis Croulet
Temecula, California
A
Autumn
Feb 7, 2007
Very easy way to do this is this….

Do you know how to use Windows Explorer? In it find your pictures and highlight them all using the Ctrl key to pick one at a time. Now right click any one of the highlighted ones and choose "send to" then "mail recipient". Choose "Make all my pictures smaller" click "ok". Your OE mail writing window will open up with the pictures all made smaller and in the attachment window. Now save to the drafts folder and that makes the attachments available if you click on "File" then "save attachments". Or just address and send. Up to you. Of course you can’t choose a size, but it will be a suitable size.

Jan

"Curtis Croulet" wrote in message

Curtis Croulet
Temecula, California

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections