CC
Posted By
Curtis Croulet
Oct 25, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I try the resize function, it doesn’t matter what I do. The picture always winds up much bigger (in bytes) than the original, and it makes absolutely no difference in how it displays in OE.

How can I reduce the size of a picture so it will easily display on the receipient’s monitor?

Curtis Croulet
Temecula, California

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

C
Charles
Oct 25, 2006
On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 23:38:13 -0700, "Curtis Croulet" wrote:

When I try the resize function, it doesn’t matter what I do. The picture always winds up much bigger (in bytes) than the original, and it makes absolutely no difference in how it displays in OE.

How can I reduce the size of a picture so it will easily display on the receipient’s monitor?

Under "file" use the function, "save for web."
R
Rina
Oct 25, 2006
Image > resize > image size set your resolution at 72. Make sure the boxes are checked for constrain proportions and resample image.

This will give you an image with the exif info still attached, if you use save for the web, that info will be removed.

Note: this is going to view nicely on a monitor, but isn’t going to print that great. Some recipients won’t know the difference and will print the image anyway… if you expect them to want a print let them know that you will send a full size image for printing if they want or need one…

"Curtis Croulet" wrote in message

R
Rina
Oct 25, 2006
I neglected to say that after resizing, your image might benefit from a bit of sharpening. for an image sent to Grandma, don’t fuss, just go to filter > sharpen and see if the sharpening improves the image.

Save your image with an identifying name NOT the Original!

"Rina" wrote in message
Image > resize > image size set your resolution at 72. Make sure the boxes are checked for constrain proportions and resample image.
RG
Roy G
Oct 25, 2006
"Curtis Croulet" wrote in message

Curtis Croulet
Temecula, California
V
V1nc3nt
Oct 25, 2006
Another approach to sending pictures as email attachments might be to go into Windows Explorer, navigating to the folder containing the picture itself. Right click on the file and select Email. Outlook Express offers an option to either send the native sized picture or a smaller version. Additionally, OE allows selection of three smaller sized versions to suit your desired sizes.

Much simpler than resizing an orginal picture to my way of thinking.
CC
Curtis Croulet
Oct 26, 2006
"The Big "O"" wrote in message
Another approach to sending pictures as email attachments might be to go into Windows Explorer, navigating to the folder containing the picture itself. Right click on the file and select Email. Outlook Express offers an option to either send the native sized picture or a smaller version. Additionally, OE allows selection of three smaller sized versions to suit your desired sizes.

Much simpler than resizing an orginal picture to my way of thinking.

Thank you. This may be what I need. I’ve been able to reduce the size of the image dramatically, but OE displays it the same size, no matter what I do. If I click on the link to the sent image, it displays in an appropriate size on the screen, but the image is also automatically opened, displaying at the bottom of the e-mail. Nothing I’ve done so far has changed the size of the displayed image. This must be an OE issue, not Photoshop.

Curtis Croulet
Temecula, California
CC
Curtis Croulet
Oct 26, 2006
The issue I’m trying to address is to get these images to display conveniently for others. Changing the size of the image makes absolutely no difference in the way it displays in OE when I send messages to myself. In the past I’ve resized images with Photo Impressions (editing software supplied with my Nikon CP4500 camera), and I had no trouble sending or viewing them. But I’m not sure if I ever viewed them with OE, since I used to use Pegasus for e-mail. I want to make this easy for people on the other end, and I assume they will usually be using Outlook Express. —
Curtis Croulet
Temecula, California
I
info
Oct 26, 2006
Have a look into "Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP" offered somehwere in the Microsoft-Download Areas. There is one for "Image resizing". Quotation: ——————
Image Resizer
This PowerToy enables you to resize one or many image files. When resizing you can choose from one of four standard sizes or choose a size that you specify. You can also choose to resize the original image or create a new one. Right click any image(s) and select ‘Resize Pictures’ in the context menu.
——————
Regards Albrecht
E
eustin
Nov 11, 2006
To change the size of the images for e-mail, web publishing you can go to this site and download the Batch Photo Resizer. http://www.softorbits.com/batch_picture_resize
This new program can help you to resize a large groups of photos at once or protect
your photos using watermars.
E
eustin
Nov 11, 2006
To change the size of the images for e-mail, web publishing you can go to this site and download the Batch Photo Resizer. http://www.softorbits.com/batch_picture_resize
This new program can help you to resize a large groups of photos at once or protect
N
nemo
Nov 12, 2006
On 11 Nov 2006 10:33:33 -0800, "eustin" wrote:

Your page says the program does "this" and does "that" but, when it comes to watermarks, it says watermark "support". What is the difference between watermark "support" and full implementation?
JS
James Silverton
Nov 12, 2006
Hello, !
You wrote on Sun, 12 Nov 2006 09:48:11 GMT:

n> On 11 Nov 2006 10:33:33 -0800, "eustin" wrote:

??>> To change the size of the images for e-mail, web ??>> publishing you can go to this site and download the Batch ??>> Photo
??>> Resizer. http://www.softorbits.com/batch_picture_resize Th ??>> is new program can help you to resize a large groups of ??>> photos at once or protect your photos using watermars. n> Your page says the program does "this" and does "that" but, n> when it comes to watermarks, it says watermark "support". n> What is the difference between watermark "support" and full n> implementation?

If you are using Windows, there has been a MIcrosoft Power Toy around for several years that will do suitable reductions for e-mailing in a batch mode. There are three canned resolution choices as well as a custom mode. Look for resize on the MS web site.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not
S
Stinkweed
Nov 12, 2006
"James Silverton" <not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not> wrote in message
Hello, !
You wrote on Sun, 12 Nov 2006 09:48:11 GMT:

n> On 11 Nov 2006 10:33:33 -0800, "eustin" wrote:
??>> To change the size of the images for e-mail, web ??>> publishing you can go to this site and download the Batch ??>> Photo
??>> Resizer. http://www.softorbits.com/batch_picture_resize Th ??>> is new program can help you to resize a large groups of ??>> photos at once or protect your photos using watermars. n> Your page says the program does "this" and does "that" but, n> when it comes to watermarks, it says watermark "support". n> What is the difference between watermark "support" and full n> implementation?

If you are using Windows, there has been a MIcrosoft Power Toy around for several years that will do suitable reductions for e-mailing in a batch mode. There are three canned resolution choices as well as a custom mode. Look for resize on the MS web site.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

There is also another one called IrfanView that is free and you can resize your pictures with it, do some tweaking on your pictures, etc. I use it all the time.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections