Batch Image Resizing—-It cannot detect orientation???

T
Posted By
tgm2tothe10thpower
May 31, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
As near as I can tell, PE in batch mode can resize ok, but cannot do so intelligently with regard to the image’s orientation.

For example, if I wanted to resize all my 3000×2000 photos to 800×600, I could specify 800 as the width to try for and let the vertical size be calculated, which works fine for all the landscape images, but what if my photo was portrait oriented instead? I would not want 800 for the width then, but 800 for the height!

So I’m basically stuck here. Does PE have any way to manage this that is not obvious? If it cannot manage this, then this is a SEVERE oversight in the software design.

Before any of you mention 11View: I would use 11View (a freeware app) for doing the bulk resizing, because it *does* offer a way to swap destination image size based upon orientation, but it cannot allow you to supply a source directory tree.

I’ve seen this a few times–Don’t make this mistake:

Dwight: "This thing is wildly available."
Smedly: "Did you mean wildly, or /widely/ ?"
Dwight: "Both!", said while nodding emphatically.

Dwight was exposed to have made a grammatical
error and tries to cover it up by thinking
fast. This is so painfully obvious that he
only succeeds in looking worse.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections