WE
Posted By
Wolf_Eilers
Nov 29, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The new CS4 feature that allows a mouse drag-resize of a brush size or hardness is useful but for some reason I have lost the red overlay. It worked once but nothing I do – reset preferences, change brush preview colour, restart Ps or computer – brings this visual preview back.

What happened and how do I get it back? Without the colour preview a brush drag-resize is a guessing game.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JJ
John Joslin
Nov 29, 2008
Are you sure you are Alt+right-click-dragging Wolf?

I still get confused sometimes.

But what a boon!
WE
Wolf_Eilers
Nov 29, 2008
I read the GPU accelerated features in Photoshop CS4 <http://www.adobe.com/go/kb405745> document and see that the overlay colour is GPU generated. Ps will still adjust the brush size/hardness but not show the overlay colour when OpenGL is disabled.

Why did I turn OpenGL off? Well, with it on Ps crashed continually, the OpenGL features worked, then did not, then Ps crashed. Looks like my GeForce 7300GS 512Mb card with latest 178.24 drivers is not up to the task (especially in a dual monitor setup).

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections