Posted By
FelinasStudio
Sep 14, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I am for once actually *hoping* that I am doing something really dumb, because that means one of you will probably be kind enough to give me a simple answer as to what I’m doing wrong! Here’s the scoop:

I signed up to Google Adwords to try and sell my artwork. Their specs: not over 50k pixel dimensions…the ad size must be 300 x 250 pixels. I have come up with the 300 x 250 pixel ad, with a resolution of 72 pixels/inch, but the pixel dimensions are 220K, which of course, was rejected for being too large. When I reduced the image, it was rejected for incorrect size.
I am completely flummoxed. Could someone please tell me what I need to do? I’d really like this ad to run with an image. Thanks!

Felina

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

TB
Tony Blair
Sep 14, 2006
wrote in message
Hi,

I am for once actually *hoping* that I am doing something really dumb, because that means one of you will probably be kind enough to give me a simple answer as to what I’m doing wrong! Here’s the scoop:
I signed up to Google Adwords to try and sell my artwork. Their specs: not over 50k pixel dimensions…the ad size must be 300 x 250 pixels. I have come up with the 300 x 250 pixel ad, with a resolution of 72 pixels/inch, but the pixel dimensions are 220K, which of course, was rejected for being too large. When I reduced the image, it was rejected for incorrect size.
I am completely flummoxed. Could someone please tell me what I need to do? I’d really like this ad to run with an image. Thanks!
Felina

Don’t worry about the resolution, once you have your image the size you want – 300 x 250 pixels – use the save for web function, this cuts out all extraneous data from the image and you can then fine tune until you get the 49.9kbs by using the quality slider!!
J
j
Sep 15, 2006
wrote:

I signed up to Google Adwords to try and sell my artwork. Their specs: not over 50k pixel dimensions…the ad size must be 300 x 250 pixels.

So you have Photoshop and clearly more money than sense.

FILE – AUTOMATE – FIT IMAGE.

You owe us for that one.
T
Tacit
Sep 15, 2006
In article ,
wrote:

When you sent them the file, what kind of file did you send them? A ..psd? A .bmp? Something else?

When you make an image for use on the Web, you should save it as a JPEG or a GIF. Both .jpg images and .gif images are compressed to make the file smaller. Do not pay any attention to the size of the file when it is open in Photoshop; instead, pay attention to the size of the .jpg or ..gif when you save it.

To save your ad once you have finished it, go to the File menu and choose the Save For Web command. in the Save For Web dialog, choose JPEG as the format, then change the Quality until you get an image that is the correct file size. The lower left hand corner of the Save For Web command will show you how big the file will be.

Google tells you the image can be 50K in size, but if it is that large, many dial-up users will not wait for it to load, and you will lose clicks and lose sales. Smaller is better.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
Nanohazard, Geek shirts, and more: http://www.villaintees.com

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections