T
Posted By
tonyw3026
Nov 3, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I changed several profile names in the windows..///color directory but the old names still show up under "print with preview/printer profile" even after re-booting. How do I get CS2 to recognize the new names?

Thanks
Tony

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

L
LenHewitt
Nov 3, 2007
The names are not the file names, but the description field within the ..icc/.icm file.
N
NoSpam
Nov 3, 2007
wrote in message
The names are not the file names, but the description field within the .icc/.icm file.

Interesting. I had the same question and now I have the
answer. I have a new question: Is there any way to change the entry in an icc, icm profile giving it a new name or enter another definition of white point, red point etc? Is there a program which lets you compose your own icc, icm profile on a PC?

Thank you
GR.
T
tonyw3026
Nov 3, 2007
Thanks Len

Now that you told me that, I Googled a way to change the description in the icm file and found this great little utility that does just what I want.

<http://www.tlbtlb.com/links/index.html>

Tony
L
LenHewitt
Nov 3, 2007
You’re very welcome, Tony

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections