M
Posted By
Mrfss
Jul 13, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have just found this group. Thanks for looking at my question.

I have been using 3.0 since it came out and it suits my present needs very well. I primarily photo grandkids, scenery and railroad equipment using a D-70.

Question is – for everyday photo editing, is it worth purchasing and installing 4.0? What does it have, basically, that 3.0 doesn’t?

Thanks!!!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RW
Roger Whitehead
Jul 13, 2006
In article , Mrfss wrote:
is it worth purchasing and
installing 4.0? What does it have, basically, that 3.0 doesn’t?

See here for details –
http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopelwin/newfeatures.htm l . I didn’t bother upgrading as it didn’t do enough new things for my kind of photography to make it worthwhile.

You can download a trial version from that site and see for yourself whether it would be worth it for you. It’s a large download.

Roger
M
Mrfss
Jul 13, 2006
Thanks – I’ll take a look!

"Roger Whitehead" wrote in message
is it worth purchasing and
installing 4.0? What does it have, basically, that 3.0 doesn’t?

See here for details –
http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopelwin/newfeatures.htm l . I didn’t bother upgrading as it didn’t do enough new things for my kind of photography to make it worthwhile.

You can download a trial version from that site and see for yourself whether it would be worth it for you. It’s a large download.

Roger
R
Rina
Jul 13, 2006
I just upgraded.

I love the new tool for straightening horizons…

Cropping images don’t jump off the screen anymore.

What bugs me is that they should have made a patch that fixed the obvious bug in version3 not expected all of us loyal customers to spend more money to buy the newer version.

Rina

"Mrfss" wrote in message
I have just found this group. Thanks for looking at my question.
I have been using 3.0 since it came out and it suits my present needs very well. I primarily photo grandkids, scenery and railroad equipment using a D-70.

Question is – for everyday photo editing, is it worth purchasing and installing 4.0? What does it have, basically, that 3.0 doesn’t?
Thanks!!!
RW
Roger Whitehead
Jul 13, 2006
In article , Rina wrote:
What bugs me is that they should have made a patch that fixed the obvious bug in version3 not expected all of us loyal customers to spend more money to buy the newer version.

Seconded.

Roger
M
Mrfss
Jul 13, 2006
"Rina" wrote in message
I just upgraded.

I love the new tool for straightening horizons…

Cropping images don’t jump off the screen anymore.
That could be worth the price right there. What a mess cropping is no matter how slowly you move the cursor!!

Thanks for that insight!
RW
Roger Whitehead
Jul 13, 2006
What a mess cropping is no matter how slowly you move the cursor!!

Have you tried first going Ctrl+0, then Ctrl+- on your image? It then usually stays put when you crop (providing you don’t run amok with the mouse!).

Roger
M
Mrfss
Jul 13, 2006
"Roger Whitehead" wrote in message
What a mess cropping is no matter how slowly you move the cursor!!

Have you tried first going Ctrl+0, then Ctrl+- on your image? It then usually stays put when you crop (providing you don’t run amok with the mouse!).
Nope – I’ll try it.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections