Posted By
chucklarge
May 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I am not sure what option would control this behavior so I will just describe it. I have a file with multiple layers. I use the move tool on one individual layer. If i don’t click exactly on that object in the layer and move it, The layer selection changes to what i exactly clicked on and that layer moves.
I hope i am making this clear. Basically I want to select a layer, choose the move tool, and no matter where on that layer I click and move, I want that object in the layer to move. I do not want layers to change.

Thanks So Much!
chuck

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

PS
Phil_Scarsbrook
May 12, 2004
Chuck, check your options bar. I believe that you have "auto select layer" selected.
JH
Jim_Hess
May 12, 2004
In order to accomplish such a task, it would be necessary for each object that you want to move to be on its own layer. Typically, each layer constitutes an object. And unless you have intentionally copied a smaller area and pasted it to a new layer, the layer will be the same dimensions as the full image. Consequently, the move tool will do nothing.
C
chucklarge
May 12, 2004
Phil-
Thank you! That is it exactly. I was digging through menu after submenu and it was infront of me the whole time.

Thanks Again!
Chuck

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections