SC
Posted By
Sharon_Cooke
Mar 4, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using the marquee tool in PS CS4 for Windows XP, i can’t seem to figure out what all the icons mean–and I’m thinking that SOMEWHERE there must be some files where all these many tool panels and options panels are schematically described for the public? I’m trying to figure out how to put in a fill when I make a circle on a layer. The way of doing it in CS3 seems to have changed, but I can’t figure out how as when I hover over the icons, PS doesn’t give me any help in identifying them, even though I have "show tool tips" selected in the preferences. Thanks so much for your help.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Mar 5, 2009
PS CS4 for Windows XP

Try the Windows forum across the hall. This is the Adobe Photoshop Macintosh forum.

You are of course welcome to socialize here :), but you’ll get better help over there.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Mar 5, 2009
A way to do this with great flexibility is to make your Selection and then use Shift Delete and choose what you wish to fill with from the choices in the subsequent dialog.

[I imagine that it works the same way in Windows?]
SC
Sharon_Cooke
Mar 5, 2009
Sorry about wandering into the Mac forum. Must be my sub-conscious who dearly misses my Mac days and wish it could never have to see Windows XP ever again!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections