JR
Posted By
Jennifer_Rhodes
Oct 14, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to switch from the basic mode to the advanced mode of the Camera Raw plug-in, but I can’t figure out how. I have PhotoShop CS on a PC. Help directions say it is under the Camera Raw plug-in menu, but I can’t find it either. I would appreciate your help.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RB
Robert_Barnett
Oct 14, 2007
The only basic ACR I have ever heard of is when the ACR plug-in is used in Photoshop Elements, Adobe turns off some functions. In the full versions of Photoshop you should have all of the functions that are available for that version. Since you are talking about CS and not CS2 or CS3 you can expect the features available in that version of ACR to be very limited compared to what is in the current versions of ACR.

Robert
GD
george_dingwall
Oct 14, 2007
In the last last version of camera raw that was supported by CS, Version 2.4, there was a couple of radio buttons above the histogram that allowed you to change from basic to advanced.

Which version of ACR do you have?

If the version you have does not have that function, you may have an old one. I think version 2.4 is still available on the Adobe download site.

Bye for now.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Oct 15, 2007
Or are you using the Nikon camera raw plug-in? It offers only limited capabilities. If you have installed Nikon software, look for a plug-in with Nikon or NEF in its name and rename it with a tilde ("~")as the first character to disable it.
JR
Jennifer_Rhodes
Oct 15, 2007
I tried deleting the Nikon plugin (as directed by the FAQ) and installing 2.4, but now I can’t even open the file. Adobe CS shows that 2.4 has been installed, but I still get the error message.
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Oct 15, 2007
Jennifer,

In Help – Pugin it should show the presence (rather than the installation history) of Camera Raw 4.2.

BTW which type of Nikon camera do you use?

Rob
JR
Jennifer_Rhodes
Oct 15, 2007
I have a Nikon D70 and under the Help>About Plugin it reads 2.4 (the highest you can go with CS.) Is that the same as presence?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections