C
Posted By
csonni
May 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use a Canon G1 digital camera, and the latest digicam plugin module from Adobe for Photoshop that I can find is ver. 4.5.1- a classic plugin (installer) By the way- the installer is a Classic app., but I found a Japanese site that had the plug-in in the installer folder. Could I drag the plug-in into my plug-in folder in PS 7,even though it is a OS9 plug-in? If not, does anyone know of a plugin module for OSX? I’d like to be able to import my images right into Photoshop (7.01).

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
May 24, 2004
The Powershot G1 is supported by Camera RAW 2.2 in Photoshop 8 (CS). If you are not recording your images in the camera as RAW files, you won’t need a plugin.

I have no clue as to the plugin you mention. Sorry.
C
csonni
May 25, 2004
It is the plug-in that Adobe provides (for OS9) which installs in the plug-in/import-export folder. When running PS, you go to file and choose the Canon plug-in for importing images from either the camera or a card. The plug-in I am looking for to use in OSX. I can use the 4.5.1 for OS9 but not for OSX.
P
povimage
May 25, 2004
"What is BUY Photoshop CS?"

That’s the solution.

Adobe no longer supports earlier versions of the RAW plug-ins. (and "NO, the new plugins will NOT work in earlier versions of PS")

Thank you for playing Jeopardy.

Keith
C
csonni
May 25, 2004
Povimage, your reply seems rather distasteful and meaningless. For one, I’m not talking at all about the Raw plug-in. Second, not everone has the bucks that you have to go our and purchase Photoshop CS. Nevertheless, thanks for the reply.
R
Ram
May 25, 2004
csonni,

I have no knowledge of Adobe supplying any "plug-ins for any Canon Camera (other than ACR, the Adobe Camera RAW plugin, which is only up to version 2.2) and can’t place a version 4.5.1 of Adobe anything.

Are you sure it wasn’t a Canon-provided plug-in? Have you checked to see whether Canon has an updated plugin that will work on OS X?
R
Ram
May 25, 2004
Just checked the Canon site, and the Canon plug-in for the G1 is indeed at version 4.5.1.

So it looks like you’re just looking in the wrong place, Csonni.

See if the other OS X software they provide for your camera will do what the plugin does for you:

< http://www.powershot.com/powershot2/customer/driverdown.html>
P
povimage
May 25, 2004
Csonni,

You said:

For one, I’m not talking at all about the Raw plug-in.

If you read Ramon’s comments, that’s the only plugin from Adobe that supports the G1.

then you said:

Second, not everone has the bucks that you have to go our and purchase Photoshop CS.

If you have a LEGAL version of PS 7 it’s only about $150 to upgrade.

If you aren’t using a legal version you shouldn’t expect help, that is basically intended to help you get support for RAW to work in your illegal version, on these fora.

That said, I have a copy of the older Camera RAW and JPEG 2000 plugin installer.. But it ain’t going nowhere..

Besides, I only have a Windows version Installer anyway.

Keith

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections