SF
Posted By
Stephen_Field
Sep 6, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Photoshop CS3 Windows XP. I am trying to use Bridge to view photos and then I open the photos from Bridge into Photoshop and make necessary edits and image enhancements. The problem is that every time I then try to use the Save as command – Photoshop stops responding – it starts to bring up a Save as dialog box but then it disappears and then I cannot do anything. I have 2 GB of RAM – I have tried restarting Photoshop. Tried restarting computer. Nothing is working. Any suggestions. Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JJ
John_Joslin
Sep 7, 2007
Try resetting the Preferences.

You cannot do this from within Photoshop. Either press Ctrl+Alt+Shift as you start the program and confirm in the dialog which you must get or, in Windows Explorer, manually delete the .PSP files in:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Adobe\… (Versions vary)

(You will have to have your Folder Options View set to show hidden files and folders to find them.)

An uninstall/reinstall will not do this as the preferences are not created until after the program is installed.

Have you been saving to a networked (rather than a local) drive?
SF
Stephen_Field
Sep 7, 2007
Tried deleted preferences. Still no luck.
I have been saving to my local hard drive only. The files originally came on a DVD – I then copy to local drive – open and cache in bridge then try to open, edit, and save as a different file name in Photoshop.
I might try uninstalling and reinstalling.
Any other suggestions?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections