upgraded to elements 3/new error message-file is locked. Use Get Info command…

MB
Posted By
M.Bruno
Apr 28, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently upgraded to Photoshop Elements 3, (from 2) and now whenever I open any of my files a message appears stating "could not complete your request because the file is locked. Use the Get Info command in Finder to unlock the file." This message never appeared before I upgraded. I went on the Adobe support web and found one reference under photoshop elements 2, which stated to go to the Previews folder in the PS elements 2 folder and go to File>Get Info, then Ownership and permiss. and choose read and write. and click apply to enclosed items. When I did this…it was already under read and write and just to make sure, I checked both my new el.3 folder and el.2 folders and they both matched. Anyone know what gives? Tried calling Support…Aren’t they wonderful… Brand new upgrade and they said would cost me $39 for support. I am on Mac OS X v10.2.8

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
Apr 28, 2005
I’d like to clarify one thing; where are the files located?
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Apr 28, 2005
Beth …

I seem to remember something like this before … but can’t find it 🙁

Wendy
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Apr 28, 2005
Hi, Wendy. Was it this:

Jeff Wiseman, "Error Message Opening Images" #3, 31 Mar 2005 9:47 am </cgi-bin/webx?13/2>
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Apr 28, 2005
Thanks Barbara … that was it 🙂

Wendy
MB
M.Bruno
Apr 29, 2005
Spoke w/new adobe tech…he was extremely helpful. He found it to be an installation problem. Just trashed new adobe elements 3 and reinstalled. No charge, thank goodness. Seems to now be working. Keeping fingers crossed. Thanks…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections