Photoshop won’t start; "invalid serial number" ???

GT
Posted By
Geoff_Tucker
Sep 2, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am running Adobe CS2 on Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit. About three weeks ago, Photoshop started giving me an "invalid serial number" error when I tried to start it. InDesign kept prompting me to re-enter the serial number. Illustrator and Acrobat continue to work just fine.

In Windows Uninstall, the Uninstall button disappeard for ALL Adobe products. With MS’ help, I was able to use a utility to uninstall Photoshop and InDesign.

Now when I put my CDs in to re-install Photoshop and InDesign, I get past the serial number entry screen and the location for where to install the programs. Then I get to a screen where I can choose the programs to install. They are all listed but the installer is not letting me select ANY programs to install. I can’t get past this screen.

I believe Adobe pushed out some updates about three weeks ago. Has any one else experienced this problem since then or lately? Does anyone know of any fixes for this problem?

My CS2 is legit.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BL
Bob Levine
Sep 2, 2007
I believe Adobe pushed out some updates about three weeks ago

Updates for CS2 ended with the release of CS3.

Bob
GT
Geoff_Tucker
Sep 2, 2007
Thanks Bob but my machine shows getting updates from Adobe. And even if they hadn’t, that doesn’t really explain why my system suddenly decided it has this problem. There is a fix listed on Adobe’s site, but it involved editing the registry. I tried it, but no luck.
B
Buko
Sep 2, 2007
Adobe CS2 on Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit.

I don’t believe CS2 is supported either upgrade to CS3 or go back to XP

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections