Invalid Serial? Got it right off the sealed box. Is there a phone number i can call?

CJ
Posted By
chris_J-
Mar 8, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to install Photoshop CS3 with my serial but always get a red X when typing it in.

when i go online to register the serial i get this message:

We encountered a problem processing your request. Please try again later or visit the product registration Frequently Asked Questions web page.

I made this purchase on craigslist – but when i got the package it was sealed, and everything was included.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
Mar 8, 2009
you need to call customer service. see the "contact us" link at the bottom of almost every page in here. not 100% sure they’re open on weekends though.

but if you bought it off craigs list be prepared for the possiblity that it’s a pirated copy… or if it’s a used copy, you might need a transfer of ownership form filled out by the seller and submitted to adobe…
MB
Michael_Brower
Mar 8, 2009
Buying software from craigslist is a huge risk. I suspect the person you bought it from re-sealed it and sold it as new. You’ll have to call Customer Service. In the US try 800-833-6687 7 days a week from 6am-8pm(Pacific time) and see if it is a legitimate copy that is able to be registered and activated. How much did you pay for it?

Michael

wrote in message
I am trying to install Photoshop CS3 with my serial but always get a red X when typing it in.

when i go online to register the serial i get this message:
We encountered a problem processing your request. Please try again later or visit the product registration Frequently Asked Questions web page.
I made this purchase on craigslist – but when i got the package it was sealed, and everything was included.
BL
Bob Levine
Mar 8, 2009
Michael…PLEASE turn off the autoquote in your newsreader.

Bob
BL
Bob Levine
Mar 8, 2009
I made this purchase on craigslist

Not exactly an authorized reseller, then. You’ve take the risk but only Adobe can help you out here. I’d say the chances of that being a legitimate copy of CS3 are somewhere around five percent.

I hope you manage to beat the odds. Let us know how you make out.

Bob
JT
John_T_Smith
Mar 9, 2009
The product serial number and/or activation code is NEVER (to my knowledge) on the outside of a retail box

You will find such information inside the retail box
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 9, 2009
You will find such information inside the retail box

usually on a sticker attached to the cd (dvd) case…
JH
Julie_Hunt
Mar 9, 2009
I am trying to reinstall photoshop (computer crashed). It tells me invalid serial number. i called adobe and they verified serial number is correct and there is no problem with the serial number, BUT they no longer support this version and will not help me. Any Suggestions?
JJ
John Joslin
Mar 9, 2009
Tell us about your system; OS version and Photoshop version.
JH
Julie_Hunt
Mar 9, 2009
Never mind. Operator Error 🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections