ML
Posted By
Mike_Lieber
Mar 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My computer crashed, taking with it my Photoshop Elements, and I can’t recover the serial number. Is there any way to find that serial number, e.g., by searching in the Windows registry or by associating the PSElements.sif file with a specific program that can open it and translate the serial number?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JG
JR Gardiner
Mar 6, 2004
I looked up my serial number in the registry and found it in the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Software
Microsoft
Windows
Current Version
Uninstall
Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0

The indents are subkeys – it’s a lot of work, but if your registry was not corrupted,
you might get lucky.

Hope this helps

Regards,
John Gardiner

No mechanical object ever appreciates that you’re in a hurry. wrote in message
| My computer crashed, taking with it my Photoshop Elements, and I can’t recover the serial number. Is there any way to find that serial number, e.g., by searching in the Windows registry or by associating the PSElements.sif file with a specific program that can open it and translate the serial number?
BH
Beth_Haney
Mar 6, 2004
You don’t say which version of Windows you’re running (info like that is always helpful in a troubleshooting post, by the way), but check out this thread. I think it’s post #5 where Byron gives the path on Win 98SE. You might be able to use what he’s given to help you locate the serial number in the registry of your machine. You’re looking for a 24 digit number.

Byron Gale "Installing Photoshop Elements on a new computer" 3/4/04 10:42am </cgi-bin/webx?13/2>
JG
JR Gardiner
Mar 6, 2004
Good point, Beth. My advice was specific to Windows XP Home

Regards,
John Gardiner
No mechanical object ever appreciates that you’re in a hurry.

wrote in message
| You don’t say which version of Windows you’re running (info like that is always helpful in a troubleshooting post, by the way), but check out this thread. I think it’s post #5 where Byron gives the path on Win 98SE. You might be able to use what he’s given to help you locate the serial number in the registry of your machine. You’re looking for a 24 digit number.
|
| Byron Gale "Installing Photoshop Elements on a new computer" 3/4/04 10:42am </cgi-bin/webx?13/2>
RF
Robert_F_Carruth
Mar 6, 2004
If you are on XP Home one of the registry locations (there are at least 4) is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ADOBE/Photoshop Elements/1.0/Registration

Its the 24 digit string in the "Serial" entry.

This is for PE1 but that general area should work for PE2, also, I hope.

Bob
JC
Jane_Carter
Mar 7, 2004
Isn’t the number on the plastic CD box? In the box that PSE came in? Nobody thinks to look there, but it will be there for sure, mine is, 2 stickers.
Jane
GW
greg_wallis
Mar 7, 2004
If you find the little stickers….stick them on the back of your computer somewhere……cd cases always get lost!
J
jimlay
Mar 7, 2004
Try the Belarc Advisor, a small, free program at:
www.belarc.com/free_download.html
It will reveal all but the last four digits of your serial number, as installed on your computer. Actually, it reveals a lot of other useful information too. Good luck.

wrote in message
My computer crashed, taking with it my Photoshop Elements, and I can’t
recover the serial number. Is there any way to find that serial number,
e.g., by searching in the Windows registry or by associating the
PSElements.sif file with a specific program that can open it and translate the serial number?
RC
Robert_Camacho
Mar 7, 2004
In Windows 2000 the serial number is located at: HKEY_LOCAL_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion \Uninstall\Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0
Robert

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections