JR
Posted By
John_Rich
May 25, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to create a background with several text layers on it. Is it possible to center and separate these layers other than by eyeball? I tried linking all the layers, but this just makes one layer and I can’t figure out how to center them. Also, I simplified each layer to add a stroke to them, but plain text also won’t center. Thanks in advance.

John Rich

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

GD
Grant_Dixon
May 25, 2005
John

There are two problems here, Knowing where the center of a page is and then how to center text.

Finding the center of your document

1) Set Grid preferences to 50% …. Edit > Preferences > Grid …. Grid lines = 100 Percent, Subdivision = 2
2) Set both Grid and Snap to on, this can be selected under the View Menu.

Centering text.

1) Select the Text Tool and set alignment to center.
2) Place your cursor over the center grid and start typing, your cursor will snap to the center of your text.
3) If you miss center you can grab your text with the Move Tool and it will snap to
the grid at the handles… use center handles to center text.

Grant
C
Corey
May 25, 2005
First get close by aligning by eye. Then Link the text layers and then select the Move Tool (V). In the Tool Bar at the top are alignment and distribution tools. By first selecting the layer to which you want to align the others, you can click on the desired alignment tool. You can then distribute evenly!

Peadge 🙂
TM
Tom Murray 1
May 25, 2005
Also View>Rulers can be handy.
JR
John_Rich
May 25, 2005
Thanks Grant,

Everytime I get ready to upgrade to CS, you guys show me something hidden in Elements.

John Rich

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections