BP
Posted By
Brendan_Paxton
Jul 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been wondering this ever since I started using photoshop 4 years ago- how the heck do you make your text box, have the text, and then center it in the image?!!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MR
Mark_Reibman
Jul 26, 2004
Once you get done with typing out the text, select your move tool and move it to the center.
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Jul 26, 2004
Brendan,
I assume that you are working in Photoshop Elements.
1. Open your image
2. Duplicate background, shut off visibility of background
3. With background copy active, select text tool and produce your text
4. You will notice in layers palette that text is on a separate layer. Click on the move tool and move it in to position relative to the image.
Hope that this helps.
Ken
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jul 26, 2004
Yes, as Mark said and there is a feature that comes in handy for this…under edit>preferences>General; check ‘select move tool after commiting text’….this way you can automatically move the text where you want when you are done….ya, saves ya a split sec 🙂
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jul 26, 2004
anyone else want to answer ? I guess Ken and i were typin around the same time. Hi Ken 🙂
BP
Brendan_Paxton
Jul 26, 2004
no im sick and tired of having to situate it myself, isnt there some way to make it automatically center it in the image? ive done it before but i cant find the tutorial or remember how to do it

and yes im using photoshop elements,thats why its in the elements forum 😛
BP
Brendan_Paxton
Jul 26, 2004
like i said above, i dont want to move it and potentially not correctly center it, i just have a plain black background and i want it *centered* not moved wherever i want… ive done it before but i cant find the tutorial or remember how to do it
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jul 26, 2004
Brandon

If you want it to be exactly centred first you must set a grid to find the centre.

Go to Edit > Preferences… > Grid and set "Guideline Every" to 50 and Percent next set "Subdivisions" to 1

Next go to View and set "Snap to Grid" and "Grid" to on

Next you and either select centre text and star typing right at the junction of you grid or you can type anywhere and move the text with the Move Tool in either case the will snap to the centre.

Grant
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Jul 26, 2004
Hi Jodi,
Ken
BP
Brendan_Paxton
Jul 26, 2004
THANK YOU !!! THANK YOU SO MUCHH!!!
omg ive been trying to figure this out forever!
THANKS!!
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jul 26, 2004
Brendan

We aim to please;)

Grant

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections