How do I get text to be aligned in the exact centre of an image I have just created?

Q
Posted By
QH
Oct 16, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I am building a website, and have created some objects that will double as buttons for the navbar on my website index. I would like whatever text I type over the top of each object (‘home’, ‘news’ , ‘links’ etc.) to be exactly aligned with the center of the object (both vertically and horizontally). I can type text freehand, but it is always a little off center when I do this. I anyone can tell me, I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

K
Kingdom
Oct 16, 2005
"QH" wrote in news:1129477493.669878.287370
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

Hi,

I am building a website, and have created some objects that will double as buttons for the navbar on my website index. I would like whatever text I type over the top of each object (‘home’, ‘news’ , ‘links’ etc.) to be exactly aligned with the center of the object (both vertically and horizontally). I can type text freehand, but it is always a little off center when I do this. I anyone can tell me, I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

Use Rulers and guides

Art, like morality, consists in drawing the line somewhere.
WK
William Kazak
Oct 17, 2005
"QH" wrote in message
Hi,

Thanks.

If you are doing this in Photoshop-I like to use the ruler or grid lines.. Also, there is a text centering selection up to the right on top in the toolbar in Photoshop.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections