LW
Posted By
Lauren_Wasserman
May 24, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Elements3 to edit photos that are stored in Photoshop Album. When I try to edit using Elements 3, I receive the following Message: Organizer DB API Failed to Execute Correctly. This means that my edits are not completed.
I did not have this problem with Elements 2.

Does anyone know what theproblem is and how I can fix it?

Thanks. Lauren Wasserman
e mail:

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

O
o3v3tz
May 25, 2005
Lauren,

Under the Organizer workspace, do a File > Catalog > Recover

This has resolved similar symptoms for multiple people.

Barb Olson
CW
Colin Walls
May 25, 2005
Barb

The OP seems to be trying to use PSA 2 with PSE 3 Editor. Would we expect this to work? I can’t imagine quite why they would not migrate to Organizer, but it’s a fair question.
O
o3v3tz
May 25, 2005
Colin,

I have heard multiple people refer to the Organizer as Album or the Album part of 3. So that is how I interpreted the Original question.

I had thought about trying Album 2 and the Elements 3 Editor, but never did. My motivation was that I was doing a PDF slideshow from Album 2. I decided instead to Export from the Organizer and Import to Album 2.

I really don’t know how to predict if saving of Edited files would work between Elements 3 and Album 2. Because of the changes in Elements 3 for Version Sets, I would not assume that it would work.

Barb O
CW
Colin Walls
May 25, 2005
I understand your thinking Barb. Perhaps the OP will enlighten us.
LW
Lauren_Wasserman
May 25, 2005
Barb:

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, it didn’t work. However, since Elements 3 has the same organizing function as Photoshop ALBUM, I am going to stop using Album entirely. I am leaving on a europeon vacation this weekend, so i will try using only Elements3 when I return.

Thanks again for the response.

Lauren wasserman

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections