MF
Posted By
Michael_Feerer
Aug 29, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Today, while working on my art, upon saving suddenly some sort of PS component showed a dialog that said the component failed (I didn’t catch the name, thinking it was just temporary and would be fine after a re-start.) But now, no matter if I choose Save or Save As for any document (new or old), the usual Save or Save As dialog flashes on for a fraction of a second, then disappears…. and from that point the app freezes (beeping at attempts to get into the menus) and I can only get out with a Ctrl-Alt-Delete.

I tried to freshly reinstall CS3 Photoshop from my package DVD, but after starting the Set-up it also just disappears/stops and disappears. So I have no way to uninstall or install! These is very weird!! What is going wrong, and how can it be fixed?

My Dell 9300 XP laptop is SP1 and has 2 GB of RAM and a few GB of free hard space. I’ve used it since CS3’s introduction with no problem until now.

Thanks!
Sincerely,
Michael

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

O
OldBob
Aug 29, 2008
It sounds like the boxes are appearing off screen. next time it happens, try hitting escape, then try again. If that fails, check these two subjects in the FAQ area:

Dialog Box Missing

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.1de62d18/0>

Reset Preferences

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.ef4a07f/1>

Note that reinstall does not reset preferences.
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 29, 2008
if I choose Save or Save As for any document (new or old), the usual Save or Save As dialog flashes on for a fraction of a second, then disappears.

hit ESC when that happens, then try again. failing that follow oldbob’s instructions in post#1.
MF
Michael_Feerer
Aug 29, 2008
Thank you!! The escape key tip worked like a charm!

Sincerely,
Michael
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 29, 2008
you’re welcome! 🙂
O
OldBob
Aug 29, 2008
hit ESC when that happens, then try again. failing that follow oldbob’s instructions in post#1.

Yep. I said that too. LOL
DM
dave_milbut
Aug 29, 2008
oh yea. well, nobody reads post #1 bob! 🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections