CW
Posted By
Colin_Woodbridge
May 22, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve posted this just in case someone is thinking about this printer….

I’ve just received my Canon Selphy 500 printer and have to say that the quality is absolutely amazing. This is a Dye Sub printer and gives prints upto 6 x 4 (actually it will got to 8 x 4).

There is no worry about inks or paper settings. I’ve just used the Printer Colour Management settings and the output as far as I can tell is virtually spot on….i.e I get what I see on screen.

I did a comparison against my Canon i850 inkjet and would say the Selphy just has the edge. The prints have that more depth due to the process.

The only down side so far is that you need to be aware of dust on the paper.

Highly recommended in my opinion for producing those multitude of 6 x 4 prints that go in most peoples albums.

I’ve yet to try the direct print facility (mostly because I shoot RAW) but when I do I’ll post the results.

Colin

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RR
Raymond Robillard
May 22, 2005
Colin.. I AM JEALOUS !! 🙂
Congratulations, I’ve been eying one myself for a few weeks now. And the Selphy was on sale last week… Though I couldn’t afford it for now, I was really tempted and kept looking at the printouts.. Fabulous!

Ray
CW
Colin_Woodbridge
May 23, 2005
Go for it Ray, you wont be sorry….:-)

I did look at the 300, the battery powered version, but was put off by the fact that they say the battery is only good for about 36 prints and also expensive to replace.

Colin

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections