HS
Posted By
Hugh_Stratford
Aug 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My internal nozzle check indcates the black and cyan nozzles are not allowing enough ink through. (No solid bars in the test) Any suggestions for cleaning if I remove the head, then the ink cartridges? My favorite tech wants about $50 just to look at the piece with no guarentee he can fix it. seems a bit high when a new head costs $90.
I don’t think I should bung it in the dishwasher, but if anyone has beat this problem I’d appreciate a hint.

Thanks, Hugh

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

E
E._Gary_Heaton
Aug 10, 2004
If your looking to use it for photo quality printing Huge, then I wouldn’t bother trying to fix it. I have had a couple of Canon heads go on me, and they never really worked well again. You can pick up a new I9000 for under $200 now if you can find one in stock. (The print quality is amazing on them.) But if you decide to fix it, I would soak it in rubbing alcohol for at least a day, then blow it out with compressed air, like the kind you get in a can. Then Dry it, try it, and repeat.. if needed. I got some of my old ones working that way, but I just used them for text printing after that.
Good luck to you,
Gary~*
HS
Hugh_Stratford
Aug 10, 2004
Gary;

The head I use for printing B&W is fine, just want the normal head to print email and other documents, including colored letterheads.
I’ll give your system a try, Thanks for the help.
Hugh
E
E._Gary_Heaton
Aug 10, 2004
No problem. 🙂 I hope it works for you. Good luck.
Gary~*

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections