DP
Posted By
debbie_potts
May 21, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Not sure if this is right forum, but here goes. Am new to PS3 so please bear with me. When I captured pics from camera into PS3, it placed titles like IM00037.jpg on pics that you can see. I want to create a slideshow, but do not want those text on slides. I have gone into the pics, and edited using the clone tool to clone the background over the text. It seems to be correct until I add the photo to the creation for the slide show, then it shows up again. How do I get around this?? Is there a way to stop this from happening when I capture the pics?? These pics I am working with are pics that I took just to start playing with PS3; but some are pretty darn good pics. Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 21, 2005
Debbie …

There will be a way of switching this off on your camera. Rather than going through all the camera menus its probably better to get your instuction book out and check it out in there 🙂

Wendy
DP
debbie_potts
May 21, 2005
Ok, so even though it appears to be edited out on photo in PS3, it really isn’t???
KW
Ken_Wolin
May 21, 2005
Debbie:

I don’t see why the numbers should appear since you already cloned them away. A few things to check… 1) Are you saving the file after cloning? (Sorry, but sometimes it’s the simple things!), 2) If the cloning was done on a new layer, did you flatten the image before saving?

By the way – don’t forget when you save the file, save it in PSD or TIFF format. Just don’t re-save it in JPG, as the quality suffers each time you do.

And I agree with Wendy; look through the manual and turn that thing off! I never understood why people need the date right on the photo, especially with digital cameras where the data is usually embedded in the file.

Good luck and tell us how or if the problem gets solved.

——- Kenny
DP
debbie_potts
May 21, 2005
Thanks to Wendy and Ken- Yep, needed to turn it off on camera. Camera manual states "cannot be edited out later." Am going to shoot some more play pics today and make sure it worked. I know that I saved the edited images–but who knows if I saved them correctly?? Went back and forth on this editing for several hours this morning–lots of confusion.

Another newbie question — what is "flatten the image"? Please forgive my lack of knowledge here, but PS is new to me, (heck, this whole digital imaging thing is new to me).

At least I can continue to mess up the current pics as they are not really important, but want to grasp this thing before shooting pics of grandkids that I plan to turn into slide shows to send to the "other" parent. Some of the help topics in the program are tuff for me to grasp.
C
Corey
May 21, 2005
"Flatten the image" refers only to files that have multiple layers, in which case the file is flattened into a single composite layer of all visible layers, the topmost layers covering those beneath. Flattening is usually done to reduce the file size, but doing so eliminates further editing of the individual layers. A better way is to save the layered file as a PSD and then "Save As" a file type that doesn’t support layers (JPG, PNG, GIF, etc) or as a PSD of a different name.

To get a better grasp on flattening, you should first play around with multiple layers. Layers allow the "stacking" of other images, graphics and text in a single file. Opacities can be changed to allow one to show through in a ghostlike manner. Countless options exist when using layers.

Peadge 🙂

wrote in message

Another newbie question — what is "flatten the image"? Please forgive my
lack of knowledge here, but PS is new to me, (heck, this whole digital imaging thing is new to me).
KW
Ken_Wolin
May 21, 2005
Debbie:

"Flatten the image" actually means to flatten all layers down into one. This should only be done once you’ve determined that you’re not going to change or replace anything you’ve done to the image.

"Layers" is what makes this program so valuable. Imagine a cartoonist laying a series of transparent acetates onto her drawing board… there’s a background first, then maybe a person drawn on the acetate above that background. On the next acetate placed above the person, perhaps a hat on his head. (This may sound silly, but try to picture it.) You then might want to replace that hat with another. Just delete the layer with the hat and replace it. The background layer and the "person" layer will remain exactly where they are. Or delete the layer with the person and replace it with someone or something else. Again, the other layers remain intact.

When you’ve got everything the way you like it, save it in either PSD or TIFF format. This will let you "play" with the various layers next time, should you wish to change things. But if you want to send it to someone in an e-mail message, flatten the image, save it as a JPG (re-name the file when you do so the original will remain) and send it. By flattening the image, the file takes up less space on your hard drive.

Gee, I hope I’m not confusing you.

—— Kenny
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 21, 2005
Debbie …

Do ask as many questions as you need to … we all had to start somewhere so any help we can give just ask 🙂

Its a good idea to play around with photographs you are not too bothered about … the more you practise the better you get 🙂

Wendy

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections