How to remove a date from inside a picture?

JD
Posted By
John_Duhoo
Apr 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I took a picture with my digital camera and I would like to take out or remove the date that the camera put in the bottom right of the picture, can any body tell me how to do that. Is there a simple way to do it?

I would really appreciate the tip

Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DS
Dick_Smith
Apr 26, 2004
John,

You might try the "clone stamp" tool to do it. It will be more or less easy to do depending upon the overall image in the area of the date stamp.

For future reference, you might want to turn off the date stamp feature. The file information stored with the image will contain the date if you need to refer to it later on.

Dick
M
maccie
Apr 26, 2004
I had 130 pics with dates to erase. I used the clone tool and it worked great. I learned a lot using the clone tool. Had to clone out dates with water, grass, pavement. Great lesson.

Maccie
DN
DS_Nelson
Apr 26, 2004
Success with the clone tool depends a great deal on what the background is behind the date stamp. It can range from very easy to quite difficult.

Since the subject of the photo is usually near the center, another option would be to simply crop out the date stamp, if it’s not covering an important part of the photo.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections