using version 7, how can I put a "smoke like" border around a picture?

J
Posted By
jvoortman
Jun 28, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
using version 7, how can I put a "smoke like" border around a picture? I did this once before at work (I no longer work there), and am not sure what program I did it in but it looked great. I could make the smokey edges in black or white ….the white made it actually look like those photos you see with religious folks in them. I think the option was called "vignette" , but I couldn’t find it in the Photoshop 7 help files. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Jun 28, 2007
wrote in message
using version 7, how can I put a "smoke like" border around a picture? I did this once before at work (I no longer work there), and am not sure what program I did it in but it looked great. I could make the smokey edges in black or white ….the white made it actually look like those photos you see with religious folks in them. I think the option was called "vignette" , but I couldn’t find it in the Photoshop 7 help files. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer

If you want to produce a vignette, try the following.

Open your image and copy the layer.
Hit D on keyboard to set your fore/background colours to defalt (B&W) With you background layer (bottom) active, hit ctrl+backspace to fill the layer with white.
Select your image layer and drag an oval or rectangle out to suit with the marquee tool (M on keboard)
Set the feathering to something like 50 pixels depending on amount of fade you want.
With the "marching ants" visible apply a layer mask to the layer. (third icon, rectangle with circle in it at bottom of layers palette. Easy peasy.

TWK

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections