DC
Posted By
Dave_Curry
Oct 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am new digital camera and a new PhotoShop Elements owner. I have taken a number of pictures. I had the date stamp function enabled. The date shows up on the pictures in bright red letters. On some of the pictures I would like to remove it. How do I accomplish this? Thanks in advance for your assistance

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 10, 2003
Your best bet in terms of a simple tool would be the Clone Stamp. It’s hard to get too specific, because I can’t visualize just how big the letters and numbers are. With the Clone tool, you can take a sample from an area adjoining where the date is and clone over it. I’d advise you a) work on a copy of your image that’s in either PSD or TIFF format (non-lossy), and b) that you do the cloning on a separate layer. You’ll have to experiment to find the best brush style and size, and I’d also suggest working with Align unchecked in the Option Bar.

Here’s a link (that I ‘stole’ from another post from this morning!) on how to use the Clone Tool. It’s probably much easier than me trying to explain it, because this guy does a nice job.

Edit: Yeh, except I forgot to add the link. Duh.

<http://www.scantips.com/clone.html>
DC
Dave_Curry
Oct 10, 2003
Thanks for the info. After a little practice I am getting pretty good at removing the date stamp. I am still working on the layer concept.

The best part is now I see how powerful a tool the clone stamp is. I can eliminate the bozo’s who always manage to walk in front of the camera as I take the picture. Excellent.
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 10, 2003
Oh, yes! That Clone tool eliminates all kinds of stuff! I’m glad you’re getting the hang of it. Stamp away!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections