BW
Posted By
Bill_Watt
May 18, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using PSE 3 on a Windows XP machine & am making my first efforts at working with RAW files. Once I have made the desired adjustments and want to save the result in a more useable format, it seems that the options are limited. When I click on Save or Save As, it only offers TIFF, JPEG2000, PSD and, I think, PNG. I tried both TIFF & JPEG2000 and got 32MB files. It does not offer regular JPG format.

Since I don’t have a pro-quality photo printer, I plan to upload them for printing, but I need a JPG or TIF file that is less than 6MB. How do I accomplish this?

Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CW
Colin Walls
May 18, 2005
Save your image in one of these formats [I’d use PSD]. The list is limited because your image is 16 bit. To make a regular JPEG [for example], change the mode of your image to 8 bit RGB and save as a copy.
JG
John_Germany
May 19, 2005
Click on OK when you are finished editing your RAW settings. Your RAW screen will close and you will be returned to the editing workspace. Just x out of the image and don’t save it. In the organizer do this for each RAW file you want to edit. Then select all the RAW files using ctrl-click or shift-click and click on File,Export. Then export to a JPG or TIFF file. I always export to TIFF. Crop and does any further editing. Save that as a .PSD and export it once again to a .JPG for printing and then as a .JPG for web. Hope this helps.
John
LM
Lou_M
May 20, 2005
Click on OK when you are finished editing your RAW settings. Your RAW screen will close and you will be returned to the editing workspace. Just x out of the image and don’t save it.

John, another way of doing this is holding down Alt/Option and then the OK button becomes an Update button. Click it and you won’t have to x-out of the image (it never opens, it just saves your changes).
SB
sue_block
May 20, 2005
would you do the same process with a Apple Mac
LM
Lou_M
May 20, 2005
Sue,

Yep, use Alt+Click on Windows; use Option+Click on Mac to dismiss the dialog and update your settings. If that’s what you were asking.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections