C
Posted By
cutty
Jan 13, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can take a photo on my new laptop in photoshop elements 2, edit it, save it to hard drive, but if I BURN it to the dvd/cdrw I can’t bring it back to the program in XP and do any changes because it wont let me save it after burning it.I get an message "could not save xxxxx file because the file is locked. Use properties command in explorer to unlock the file." I have tried everythng I know to unlock this and it still gives me this message. Can any one give me with solutions to this problem.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JM
Joseph Meehan
Jan 13, 2007
cutty wrote:
I can take a photo on my new laptop in photoshop elements 2, edit it, save it to hard drive, but if I BURN it to the dvd/cdrw I can’t bring it back to the program in XP and do any changes because it wont let me save it after burning it.I get an message "could not save xxxxx file because the file is locked. Use properties command in explorer to unlock the file." I have tried everythng I know to unlock this and it still gives me this message. Can any one give me with solutions to this problem.

CD’s are by nature read only. You need to copy the file(s) to a hard drive to work on them. Remember that when they went to the CD the "read only" attribute was set, so after you copy it to a hard drive, you will need to change that in the file properties.

Joseph Meehan

Dia ‘s Muire duit

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections