Help! Elements 3 froze; Visual C++ runtime error..

KK
Posted By
Kalle_Koponen
May 14, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi
My Photo Browser of Elements 3 does not operate at all att the moment. After getting some pics from card I browsed them for the first time and the browser froze. The whole computer froze! This has happened before, but everything has been ok after reboot.

Now, however, when I tried to relaunch the photo browser, I got the followin error message instead:

"Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error. Buffer overrun detected. Program: …Photoshopelementsorganizer.exe. A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program´s internal state. The program cannot safely continue execute and must now be terminated"

What does this mean? What has to be done to make my photoshop browser work again?

The photo editor seems to run normally.

I have a P4 laptop running Windows XP Home.

desperate for answers

Kalle

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RF
Robert_F_Carruth
May 14, 2005
Kalle,

Search the forum for "C++ runtime error" (without the quotes). There are several threads on the subject but I don’t know which, if any, will apply to you. NOTE: You will have to exit this thread and search from the main forum page or it will only look in this thread.

Come back if you don’t find a solution. Others here know a lot more about this than I do.

Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections