LL
Posted By
Lynn_Lutton
Jan 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just upgraded to Photoshop CS and when I select Photoshop Help, AOL opens which is puzzling because I’m not sure if Help should be displayed as a PDF file, or an AOL. Then, my modem dials the phone to go online. When I don’t stop the process, Photoshop Help does display on the Adobe site. Is online where Help is, or is something wrong here? What can I do to fix Help?

Some of my other programs will open AOL when I select Help but the process opens Help without going online.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CC
Chris_Cox
Jan 17, 2004
Help should be bringing up your file browser, and the help files are installed on your disk – there is no reason for it to go out to the net.

But it sounds like your have your file browser set to AOL for some reason, and it wants to dial out.
L
LenHewitt
Jan 17, 2004
Lynn,

Make IE your default web browser rather than the AOL browser
RL
Robert_Levine
Jan 17, 2004
Make IE your default web browser rather than the AOL browser

AOL certainly does like to take over a computer. AFAIC, it’s a virus.

Bob
LL
Lynn_Lutton
Jan 17, 2004
Thanks for your replies. I did change the default browser back to Internet Explorer and it is working properly now. I can use Help without dialing AOL.
Lynn
L
LenHewitt
Jan 17, 2004
Lynn,

Not only does the AOL browser cause all sorts of problems on a machine, but it often cannot connect to password-protected sites either. It should be relegated to the trash can….

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections