OA
Posted By
Otis_Angel
Feb 15, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m needing to be able to straighten select areas on various buildings in some panoramas I’m doing. The pano software, obviously, bends the horizontals in these pics but I want to try to straighten a few isolated roof lines, window lines..not the whole image, just certain buildings where it’s misleading.

I’ve had some luck making Marquis selections and then using the Warp tool to nudge stuff around…very hit and miss and usually takes a few stabs to get it right.

Im wondering if there are any tips to using this tool, ways to streamline things a bit, like, anchoring the vertical points so they dont move when I spaz out making a move on a horizontal line.

Also, if you have any different, better, smarter ways to do this that would be what I’m looking for. Any thought on this would be great. I’ve linked a few examples down below.

The building i worked on in this shot is the yellow brick building just to the right of center…I straightened the roof line and the window lines…looks ok small but it gets a little shaky when I print it big..I don’t have much experience when it comes to techniques like this, help and thanks.

Before:
<http://photobucket.com/>

Roofline corrected:
<http://photobucket.com/>

im on a g5 dual 2.0, 2 gig ram, 10.4.8, PSCS2

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CP
christoph_pfaffenbichler
Feb 15, 2007
I would advise You to make a Smart Object of the house (+ some sky above it, just a rectangluar selection); that way You can fiddle with the Warp repeatedly without unnecessary quality-loss.
Other than that I guess You’ll just have to invest some time.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections