MF
Posted By
Mike_Flood
Nov 17, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have gotten "Runtime error R602 Pure Virtual Function Call" two times. Both were while I was trying to use the "Text On A Path" feature.

Boy is that slow!

Running Win XP home 512 meg of ram 2.26 gighz processor. Giant hard drives with lots of space.

Mike Flood

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DP
Daryl Pritchard
Nov 18, 2003
Hi Mike,

As I’ve reported in a long posting at "PS CS: (Problem Duplicated!) Help Menu = Close Photoshop?" 11/16/03 2:30am </cgi-bin/webx?13/5>, I’ve seen that same error twice during my use of PSCS. In both cases, it occurred while accessing the Help menu, which is obviously unrelated to what you were doing unless…did you perhaps seek online help for Text On a Path? One instance of this problem was a random occurrence among several attempts to duplicate another problem I observed with Photoshop CS suddenly shutting down, also when accessing Help. As I’ve not but a few comments about perhaps a DLL problem somewhere, I’m at a loss to suggest what is happening. Unfortunately the random nature of this problem makes it extremely difficult to troubleshoot. The only thing I see we have in common is WinXP.

You might post your System Info here, copied from the Help menu item to access that. Just be sure to delete your serial number and keep the details short by also deleting the list of plug-ins.

Regards,

Daryl
DP
Daryl Pritchard
Nov 18, 2003
Mike, my problems are persisting even afer uninstalling/reinstalling PS CS. Could you do me a favor and exercise the selection and closing of Photoshop Help 5 or 10 times to see if that triggers any errors for you? Also, if you see an error but are able to clear it, go ahead and choose some other command such as New or Open to see if they report problems? I’m pretty convinced there is something quite awry with PS CS, but it is going to be tricky to pin down.

Thanks,

Daryl
WW
Wally_Walter
May 16, 2004
I’m having the same problem with Photoshop Album. ( run time r6025 ) OS xp home.What is going on? Reinstall doesn’t work. Sytem restore didn’t work. What now HELP! Wally
CC
Chris_Cox
May 17, 2004
Wally – how can it be the same problem if you’re having it in a completely different application? You need to try asking about your problem in the Album forum.
WW
Wally_Walter
May 17, 2004
First time in a forum. Thought this was the way. What is Album forum?
CC
Chris_Cox
May 17, 2004
The album forum is the forum with Photoshop Ablum in the name…

<http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/main.html>
V
_vagabond_
May 24, 2004
I have had the same problem when using filters and deleting the pref file works for a while, then it starts again and I delete again. A pain in the butt but beats reinstalling.
KS
KJ_Sullivan
Jun 23, 2004
Greetings,

I have had the "R6025 – pure virtual function call" runtime error twice today. the last time i was trying to move text. i have 1GB RAM, PSCS.. what can i do… in both cases i have lost lots of time.

thanks
Ken
KL
Ken_Lapp
Jul 26, 2004
I believe I’ve found a solution to this R6025 problem. At least it has solved my problem.

I would get this error message sometimes when I was using Save for Web to make a gif out of a psd. Sometimes I would get the message, sometimes Photoshop would just shut down instantly. Even when it did seem to work, when I tried to access the gifs in Windows Explorer or even GoLive later, the programs would shut down instantly. It was like Photoshop wasn’t making bona fide gifs.

All I did to solve the problem was uninstall Photoshop and reinstall it, but this time I didn’t change the files that Photoshop and Imageready were able to open, if you know what I mean. In the installation process you come to a point where it asks you which files you want to be able to open with Photoshop and Imageready. I never used to have this R6025 problem, but in the past few months whenever I’d reinstalled Photoshop I’d chosen to have it open all the possible types of files, instead of Imageready, and I guess that’s what was causing my problem. In my experience the less I mess with the defaults when installing programs the more reliably they work. It has proved to be true once again here.

I hope this is also a solution for others as it has been for me.

Ken Lapp
www.standardgraphics.net

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections