step78
Feb 24, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi!
I’m new in Photoshop.
How did I get the 3D efect of a background. Like a picture is laying on the background (with shadows). Thanks!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

S
SpaceGirl
Feb 24, 2006
step78 wrote:
Hi!
I’m new in Photoshop.
How did I get the 3D efect of a background. Like a picture is laying on the background (with shadows). Thanks!

Well, that’s a bit hard to explain quickly – I suggest you visit this excellant tutorial site.

http://www.myjanee.com/

Hopefully that will give you some idea of how these effects can be achieved. PhotoShop really isn’t a 3d program, but it has some pretty good perspective tools. Also, you didn’t say what version of of PhotoShop? PhotoShop CS 2 has a really powerful toolset for "faking" 3d.
N
noone
Feb 24, 2006
In article <dtn2je$fen$ says…
Hi!
I’m new in Photoshop.

SpaceGirl has pointed you toward a tutorial that should help.

A few suggestions, however:
1.) Be a bit more detailed in your Subject Line Header. This will help the subscribers, who can and wish to help, identify a question, that they know something about. It also will help others, should they do a Google.Group search, or similar in the future. You qustion might well be the one that they wish to ask, and a search of the Usenet might yield the answers that they need.
2.) As there are many versions of Photoshop in use, it’s a good idea to state the version that you have, so the answers can be tailored to your specific needs. An answer for CS2 might well not work in v7, and so on.
3.) One’s OS can also help a lot, when structuring answers, though, in your
case, I doubt that the OS would change anything. One can even do a "Signature" line(s) for their posts, with their basic system, OS, and PS version.
4.) If one posts to the two main PS NGs, it’s a good idea to X-Post to both,
so all of the responses can be viewed. Some people only get one, of the two, and some do not read both, if they have them. Don’t know if this applies to your question, but I haven’t checked the ALT PS NG yet this AM.

Hope that the tutorial gives you the answers that you need. If not, don’t hesitate to ask again, and list how the tutorial did, or did not help. The folk here are nearly always ready to help and there are some sharp penicls in THIS box.

Hunt

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections