C
Posted By
carnegie
Apr 29, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to open two images in Elements 3 and superimpose the second image on top of the first with a transparent background. I’m having trouble getting started as when I try to open the second image the first goes back to the Photo Bin. Any suggestions on how I can complete the desired process would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JM
Joseph Meehan
Apr 29, 2005
Thomas J. Carnegie wrote:
I want to open two images in Elements 3 and superimpose the second image on top of the first with a transparent background. I’m having trouble getting started as when I try to open the second image the first goes back to the Photo Bin. Any suggestions on how I can complete the desired process would be appreciated.

To copy a layer from one image to another

You can copy any layer, including the Background layer, from one image to another. Keep in mind that the resolution of the destination image determines how large the printed copy of the layer can be. Also, if the pixel dimensions of the two images are not the same, then the copied layer may appear smaller or larger than you’d expect.

In the Editor, open the two images you want to use.

In the Layers palette of the source image, select the layer that you want to copy.

Do one of the following:

Choose Select > All to select all of the pixels on the layer, and choose Edit > Copy. Then make the destination image active, and choose Edit > Paste.

Drag the layer’s name from the Layers palette of the source image into the destination image.

Use the Move tool to drag the layer from the source image to the destination image.

The copied layer appears in the destination image, above the active layer in the Layers palette. If the layer you’re dragging is larger than the destination image, only part of the layer is visible. You can use the Move tool to drag other sections of the layer into view.

Tip: Hold down Shift as you drag a layer to copy it to the same position it occupied in the source image (if the source and destination images have the same pixel dimensions) or to the center of the destination image (if the source and destination images have different pixel dimensions). —
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections