LJ
Posted By
Larry_J._Walker
Apr 29, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The "color swatch palette selector arrow" and the "commit arrow" are absent from my tools options bar. The "color SELECTED" box is visible on the extreme right of my screen, but nothing I try will adjust the screen to bring the missing controls into view. To work around this, I have been using the "color picker" to select color, and the "number pad Enter key" to commit on text. I am very new to digital photo manipulation, and have been using PSE 3.0 for only a day at this time. I am running Windows XP and a 15 inch monitor. Is this because of some setting that I haven’t made or is my monitor too small? The screen resolution is set to 800 X 600 pixels. Would the screen resolution have any effect on this?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Apr 29, 2005
Larry,

Elements needs the screen setting to 1024 x 768, try changing it to that and hopefully it will solve the problem 🙂

wendy
LJ
Larry_J._Walker
Apr 30, 2005
Thanks Wendy, resetting the screen resolution to 1024 X 768 really solved the issue of not getting the entire view to show on my monitor. However, I must confess, I did not realize that those control buttons are only present if they are relevant to the current operation on the screen. That probably added to my consternation at not seeing them. I also came to the conclusion that I had the ill-conceived notion, of simply loading PSE 3.0 into my computer, and beginning my planned work immediately. I’m awake now ! I bought the Adobe Classroom in a Book for PSE 3.0 yesterday, and ordered a copy of The Missing Manual. Hopefully, I will be able to make my way forward into this realm and develope some intuition about things. I did not own or know how to use a computer until September, 2004. [I’m not claiming to be able to USE a computer yet] I would like to thank all the people that contribute their knowledge, expertise, and time into this forum to help even the greenest novice. [Me] Larry J. Walker
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Apr 30, 2005
Larry,

A couple of years ago, when I first got Elements … I was the greenest novice around 🙂 … folks on this forum helped me and talked me through all sorts of problems.

Its a great community …

Just give it a few months and you will be answering question for other people 🙂

Wendy
LJ
Larry_J._Walker
May 1, 2005
Thanks again Wendy, that is very encouraging. Larry Walker

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections