PK
Posted By
Pete_Kim
Feb 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been using Photoshop 7.0 for awhile now and have had no problems with it until recently. When you click the "set foreground/background color" option on TOOLS, or any COLOR pallette, the color selection pop-up window has changed.

What I thought was the default – "Color Picker" option with "Only Web Colors" option – now has changed to a generic "Basic Colors" and "Custom Colors" selection pallette.

Please view the following URL for screen shots of what I am talking about: < http://home.earthlink.net/~petescorner/photoshop/color_picke r.htm>

Does any one have any idea how to restore the pallette to the Color Picker and not this generic one I am currently using? I have not changed the system other than upgrade the RAM from 256MB to 1GB.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CW
Colin_Walls
Feb 4, 2004
It’s a setting in Preferences.
PK
Pete_Kim
Feb 4, 2004
Are you going to leave me hanging?

I’ve looked at all the PREFERENCE settings and gone through them (or so I think I’ve looked at all of them). I can’t seem to figure out what setting needs to be changed.
CW
Colin_Walls
Feb 4, 2004
Edit/Preferences/General/Color Picker

Sorry, I thought you didn’t know where to start looking.
CW
Colin_Walls
Feb 4, 2004
And then choose "Adobe" instead of "Windows".
PK
Pete_Kim
Feb 4, 2004
I am moron. I guess I’ve just overlooked that setting…

Thanks for showing me the obvious.
CW
Colin_Walls
Feb 4, 2004
Thanks for showing me the obvious

Often the hardest thing to see – in my experience.

Just wish every problem on this forum could be fixed as easily.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections