C
Posted By
csbecker
Sep 10, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Today I updated Vista and the NVidia 3300 driver got upgraded as well. Earlier today, everything was working great with colors within Photoshop. After the update, my colors in Photoshop (and Illustrator) are shifted brown. My grey scale has varying degrees of brown. Reinstalled NVidia drivers without success. All other colors on desktop and other programs (Flash included) are fine. Also, a bizarre thing is when I prep a file for the web, the colors look good.

Please help!

Thanks! Chris

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

C
Curvemeister
Sep 11, 2008
The NVidia desktop system is an invasive piece of bloatware, so I usually remove it, being careful to leave the latest video driver in place.

Two possibilities –

1) the NVidia driver update included a profile. To verify this, go into Start>Settings>Display>Advanced>Color Mgmt. and verify that the profile selected there is the one you had before. If you are not sure what was there before, add sRGB and select it as the monitor’s default profile.

2) the NVidia driver is loading the LUT at startup time.

If you have calibrated your system, any combination of these two will throw things off. If you have not calibrated, then the problem is more likely to be #1 above.
F
Freeagent
Sep 11, 2008
the NVidia driver is loading the LUT at startup time

That’s exactly what happens if you don’t disable it in msconfig, and you have to do it all over every time you update. It’s like Adobe Gamma, if left alone it kills the monitor profile.

I always disable all those startup entries. They have nothing to do with the driver itself, and do nothing but fill up the systray. If you need to go into the nVidia desktop you can still do so via the Windows Control panel.
C
csbecker
Sep 11, 2008
Thanks so much for assistance! I ended up rolling back my updates / system to a previous save state and it cleared up my issues.
C
Curvemeister
Sep 12, 2008
When you have time, I’d recommend doing a minimal install of just the new NVidia drivers.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections